Derby World Championships

A section devoted to questions and answers for this period.
Churchill
General
General

Derby World Championships

Post by Churchill » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:01 pm

Hi all,

Who is going to the Derby World Championships this coming weekend Saturday & Sunday 3rd & 4th October.Always a good show with 60 Traders this year.
I'm travelling down tomorrow as I'm taking part in the huge "Battle of the Boyne" game put on by the "Like a Stonewall" group.
I'm also taking my waders at it seem's I've got a deep river to cross!!! :roll: :wink:
Say hi if you drop by at the game.

Regards..........Ray.

flick40
Major General
Major General

Post by flick40 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:43 am

Have fun! Get some good photos of the Boyne game. I would love to be there and I really miss the conventions over there. I will always cherish the years i lived in Europe. I'm jealous :)
Eugenio von Savoy
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army

Post by Eugenio von Savoy » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:20 am

Hi Ray and Flick 40,

I hope you enjoyed the game. It certainly looked better that I had hoped and the best thing is that we managed to both play the game (a rare event if truth be known for UK demonstration games!) and get a conclusion.

It proves that a 24 by 12 foot table is the only way to stage this game and allow punters and gamers to appreciate the effect of the flank march on the Oldbridge assault.

We had several of the group and a few others taking photographs all weekend and once they are with me I hope to get them on to both this site (may need assistance) and on to our group web site as previously promised.

We don't usually show a display game more than once but the Boyne attracted so much praise over the weekend that I feel we will have to take it on the road. The lads certainly want to play it again and I suspect that we could easily arrange for any interested FT members to play should they wish. Watch this space.

Tim
"Like a stone wall" Wargames Group
Nottinghamshire
UK
"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak, Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."
Sir Winston Churchill,