First game

A section devoted to questions and answers for this period.
flick40
Major General
Major General

First game

Post by flick40 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:00 pm

From our first game last night. Playing the first scenario in the book, this is the end of turn 8 from the Williamite view. In the background you see the guns and wagons being loaded supervised by General Liam Malone. In the woods the Jacobites await.

Also you may notice I don't have enough figures per battalion to make 18 figure stands nor any pikes. Our solution was simple, use the 4th stand behind to differentiate a unit with pikes and use casualty sheets. The cavalry is 2 figures per stand as well and I could re base those, perhaps later.

This is end of turn 8 Jacobite view. In the back the independent Irish unit has just been routed from the farm. One squadron of horse has been routed, the cavalry battle yet undecided but a bad omen for the Jacobites.

Sorry for the bad quality of pictures, taken with a cell phone.
Churchill
General
General

Your 1st Game.

Post by Churchill » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:50 pm

Hi Flick40,

This looks great, well done.

Regards.........Ray.

flick40
Major General
Major General

Post by flick40 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:48 am

Thanks Ray,

We finished the last two turns tonight. We called it a draw though the Jacobites did manage to get 50% booty across the river, the Williamites were to the wood line. My cavalry was routed in every combat they fought and against raw troops.

Joe
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:09 pm

Joe,

looks like you had fun!

The game looks just fine and the first pic is really good for a mobile phone shot :D

Hope the whole thing ran smoothly, I always like to see people having a go with this scenario as it is one I have enjoyed myself several times.
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
flick40
Major General
Major General

Post by flick40 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:43 pm

Oh we deff had fun. Interesting to note, the ferrying of war booty across the Shannon, poor die rolls and you're not gonna get much across. One turn to load, D3 to cross, one turn to unload, D3 to cross, thats potentially 8 turns in a 10 turn game for 1 piece. I rolled surprisingly well untill the end but I did manage 2 guns and 1 wagon.