Danish Regiment Dalrymple WSS

A section devoted to questions and answers for this period.
PrinceEdward
Private
Private

Danish Regiment Dalrymple WSS

Post by PrinceEdward » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:15 am

I have begun work on my first regiment for my Dutch. I chose Dalrymple and am fairly near completed except I am not sure how their fusilier caps should look. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks.
reiver rob
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by reiver rob » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:39 pm

I have seen a copy of the Wagner plates and the fusilier cap is described on there as a " "Grenadier" mutzen". The illustration shows a small Dutch Grenadier type cap with a low front plate, yellow in colour with 2 red lions on. The back is red with a small red hanging bag with a yellow tassle. The back trim around the headband on the bag is also in yellow.

The illustration also shows the Fusilier, NCO, Officer and Drummers coat colours as well as the flag which is simply a St Andrews Cross.

I'm sure someone else out there will have another take on this so I hope you can find one you like or think should be right.
Rob
PrinceEdward
Private
Private

Post by PrinceEdward » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:13 pm

Duh, should be Dutch not Danish of course :oops: . I just saw that :roll:.

Anyway, thanks for the help Rob. Condray calls for reversed colors for the drummer and I assume the officers/nco would be as the men; red with white cuffs.

I will post some pictures in the painting section when I get them completed. Thanks.
Giorgio
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Giorgio » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:49 am

Rob, did the NCO,officers and drummers wear a fusilier hat or a tricorne? Thanks and best regards
Giorgio
reiver rob
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by reiver rob » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:40 pm

Giogio,
It doesn't seem to indicate they didn't and other plates it does show a difference if it's there so I would suggest they may have worn the Fusilier cap. However I would also say the Officers could well have worn the Tricorn to show they had rank.

Cheers
Rob