GNW 28mm figures

A section devoted to questions and answers for this period.
TIMUR57
Private First Class
Private First Class

GNW 28mm figures

Post by TIMUR57 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:31 pm

Hi Friends
I saw the beautiful pictures of Russian infantry of Repnin friend so, I decided to paint this period.
I bought some GNW figures of MUSKETEER Miniatures some years ago but this range grown up too slowly and I stopped my project.
Now, this pictures of Repnin move me to paint again this period.

Can you suggest me what figures of Front Rank or fantastic Ebor Miniatures are suitable for this period...Russian and Swede.

Do you think also New Wargame Foundry WSS Range figures are good for this period?

Thanks for help and compliments from Italy!!

Andrea
Dfogleman2
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: GNW 28mm figures

Post by Dfogleman2 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:54 pm

The current Ebor musketeers would work fine for Russian musketeers. No pikemen though. Ebor says they intend to do figures specifically for the GNW. Let's hope that happens.
18th Century Guy
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by 18th Century Guy » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:28 am

You might take a look at Musketeer Miniatures again. He has filled out the line quite nicely and there are only a few figures that are not yet available but you should be able to build some really nice units.
Greg
Sheepman
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by Sheepman » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:25 am

Andrea,
Try looking at Reiver Castings stuff, they cover the whole range, some don't like the figures but when painted up I think there fine, the horses are big but again I think their to scale and not the 'Little Ponies' you see with some ranges. As I said Reiver tend to finish a range when they start it so your not left holding figures for ages waiting for a range to be compleated (one of my pet hates!).
http://reivercasting.wordpress.com/
Dave.
'I always wear me wellies'.
Arthur
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Arthur » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:04 pm

18th Century Guy wrote:You might take a look at Musketeer Miniatures again. He has filled out the line quite nicely and there are only a few figures that are not yet available but you should be able to build some really nice units.
Seconded.

Bill T has been working on completing the range for some time now and his figures remain the best 28mm GNW castings on the market. The only real gripe would be the lack of variety in poses, as you only get charging Swedes and standing Russians. That said, if I were to go into the GNW, they'd still be my range of choice.
One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know.
Spiraluk
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army

Post by Spiraluk » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:02 pm

I'm aiming to get marching poses done at some point. Just trying to find time atm :?
Bill T

"Here to add tone to an otherwise vulgar brawl"
www.musketeer-miniatures.com