More Ebor WSS greens

A section devoted to questions and answers for this period.
Arthur
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

More Ebor WSS greens

Post by Arthur » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:24 pm

These were mentioned in passing in another thread - which may well have vanished in the ether anyway - but I believe they deserve a topic of their own. Paul Hicks sculpts, as usual :

And gorgeous miniatures they are too... :D

Nick will probably read this at some point, so I'll trouble him with a request (yes, we're a greedy lot !) : would you consider adding a few more generic officers/standard bearers, especially advancing ones to go with the marching musketeers/grenadiers ?

Also, the existing drummer figures are essentially intended to represent Imperial/German drummers as they have shoulder wings on their coats. I know we could file these off ourselves, but could Paul revist his greens and do the same drummers without the wings, so they can be used as French/English/etc ?
One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know.
Rohan Wilmott
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army

Re: More Ebor WSS greens

Post by Rohan Wilmott » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:01 pm

Really nice figures by Nick's team of sculptors, I agree, Arthur.

I second your plea concerning the drummer - Oh & the ones I've got are strapping lads that look down at some of the grenadiers! Perhaps some drummer boys!

I too would like to see a variety of officers - they can generally be used in most armies given the rule of fashion over uniform in the period. Also, Nick, remember many of us use the "Barry H convention" of oversized flags when deciding on the stance of flag bearers. :)

Cheers, Rohan.
Rob Herrick
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Rob Herrick » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:45 pm

You know, with so many of the sculptors and merchandizers of the late 1600s-early 1700s period here, we really are quite spoiled.

Fortunately, nobody has died from drooling on their keyboard . . . . . yet.
With Gen'l Custer Down in Mexico: Yes, one of the goals is to see how many times one can get him killed.
eboracomb
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by eboracomb » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:42 pm

Hi Arthur

thanks for the comments which I have taken on board the next set of figures Paul is doing for me is the Spanish foot with royal guards and figures from the old tercios which will include marching standard bearers and officer also he is doing drummers without wings and French and swiss guards,hopefully after this will come mounted troops and officers and casualties.

cheers Nick
footslogger
Major
Major

Post by footslogger » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:06 pm

eboracomb wrote:Hi Arthur

thanks for the comments which I have taken on board the next set of figures Paul is doing for me is the Spanish foot with royal guards and figures from the old tercios which will include marching standard bearers and officer also he is doing drummers without wings and French and swiss guards,hopefully after this will come mounted troops and officers and casualties.

cheers Nick
Spanish foot?!?!?!?! I'm dyin'!!!!!

That's great news. Can't wait to see them.