ADRIAN'S WALLS.....photos of 'new 28mm range'

A section devoted to questions and answers for this period.
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

ADRIAN'S WALLS.....photos of 'new 28mm range'

Post by Blucher » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:33 pm

On Barry's suggestion, I'm posting some pics of our new range of Town/City wall range that are launching shortly under the convienient title of Adrian's Walls.

I had started a thread under General Discussion section of the forum but wanted to highlight a sample in this section as our first release is very apt for 1660-1721 onwards (but also ECW)

The first releases are very reminiscent of Derry....and Barry's fine Warfare Miniature Range and The Siege of Derry have been the inspiration for the launch. The walls will be available in a 'boxed kit form' - featuring 3 wall sections (all different and 'inter-linking') along with a Gatehouse. The total 'kit' will measure approx 4 ft and each kit will feature the N/E, S/E, N/W or S/W 'corners' of a town/city similar to Derry. There will also eventually be 'kits' to do North, East, West and South facing perspectives - so gamers can build what type of 'City Walls' they wish to represent - either something in a corner of a wargames table, across a table, jutting out into a table etc, etc.

I appologise for the photo's - I'm a better 'terrain builder' than photographer - and I can assure everyone that the Walls look better 'in the flesh'...!

Both I and my business partner/designer, Paul Deeming, would appreciate all feedback and comments from you fellow wargamers.

Adrian
Attachments
derry photo a1r.jpg
derry photo a1r.jpg (213.45 KiB) Viewed 5474 times
derry photo a2r.jpg
derry photo a2r.jpg (231.26 KiB) Viewed 5474 times
derry photo a3r.jpg
derry photo a3r.jpg (173.36 KiB) Viewed 5474 times
flick40
Major General
Major General

Re: ADRIAN'S WALLS.....photos of 'new 28mm range'

Post by flick40 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:55 pm

Very nice. Will there eventualy be a breeched section?

joe
footslogger
Major
Major

Post by footslogger » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:22 pm

Neat! Success to you in your venture!
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Blucher » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:49 pm

Joe

Thanks for your comment, and yes, there will be 'breeched' sections (stage 2 release date) and they will be of the actual section they are replacing as being breeched.

We have based all of the 'playability' of the walls on our own gaming requirements and I will be using the walls at LoA Demo games at shows and also for the LoA 'Weekenders' we run. I will be having each wall section on its own base (similar to the sample photos), and then lined up accordingly. This will then allow players to 'swap' for a breeched replacement to go where the original was.

Adrian
turrabear
Major General
Major General

Post by turrabear » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:00 pm

very impressed what sort of prices are we looking at.
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Blucher » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:58 am

Turrabear

The projected prices for a 'kit' of approx 4-5 ft of walls and gatehouse will be between £100 to £150 depending on which kit it was. Some of the kits are 'plainer' in styling than others.

The wall section in the photos is a 9 piece kit - but some of the wall sections are only 3 pieces....

There will also be a range of 'add-on' sections that will be sold individually for people to expand on what they have, if they want an extra 1/2 - 1 ft upwards.

Adrian
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Blucher » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:09 pm

With thanks to Barry, I can confirm that upon their release (expected sometime mid/end May) - ADRIAN'S WALLS will be available to order through the LoA Shop.

I am currently in discussions with trader representation for the show circuit - further details to follow over the next couple of weeks. So you will be able to see the Walls in the flesh at all the main shows from the summer onwards as well as pre-order/purchase.

Adrian