Some new Ebor WSS greens by Paul Hicks

A section devoted to questions and answers for this period.
Arthur
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Some new Ebor WSS greens by Paul Hicks

Post by Arthur » Tue May 07, 2013 1:08 am

Below are some of the upcoming additions to the Ebor War of the Spanish Succession range : an artillery crew, a few casualty figures and the first of the charging cavalry (meant to depict English or Dutch horse, judging by the crossbelts). Paul Hicks sculpts as usual.

The figures should be released over the next few weeks, depending on how quickly Nick can get them cast up (meaning they're not on the Ebor website yet).

http://www.eborminiatures.com/
One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know.
SteveRCR
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: Some new Ebor WSS greens by Paul Hicks

Post by SteveRCR » Tue May 07, 2013 2:03 pm

Nice, I'm very curious to see a pic of them with a warfare Cannon and some comparison pic's of the horse & foot to see if I can blend them together or if I have to keep them in distinct units.
Arthur
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Arthur » Tue May 07, 2013 5:11 pm

Nick told me that Paul's forthcoming gun crew has been designed to match the Warfare guns, so compatibility should not be a problem.

Similarly, the new cavalry figures should match the infantry as Paul Hicks is doing both. Dunno how Paul's Ebob horses compare to the ones previously used by Bob Naismith, though. I suspect the Naismith-sculpted cavalry is best kept in separate units.
One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know.
simon boulton
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army

Post by simon boulton » Tue May 07, 2013 5:42 pm

These look very nice, particularly like the facial expressions.

Wouldn't the cavalry figures be suitable for French horse as they look like they are wearing a waist belt for the sword and the other straps look like the ones on the Front Rank French horseman?
Best wishes,
Simon
Last edited by simon boulton on Tue May 07, 2013 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
turrabear
Major General
Major General

Post by turrabear » Tue May 07, 2013 7:16 pm

really looking forward to seeing these.
Russian James
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Russian James » Tue May 07, 2013 9:21 pm

Will the artillery officer be available separately?
Arthur
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Arthur » Wed May 08, 2013 8:19 pm

simon boulton wrote:These look very nice, particularly like the facial expressions.

Wouldn't the cavalry figures be suitable for French horse as they look like they are wearing a waist belt for the sword and the other straps look like the ones on the Front Rank French horseman?
Best wishes,
Simon
It's not very clear whether the troopers are wearing waistbelts or not, but in any case I traded a couple of e-mails with Nick and he told me that proper French horse (which can also double as Spanish line cavalry) are being considered at the moment.
Arthur
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Arthur » Wed May 08, 2013 8:21 pm

Russian James wrote:Will the artillery officer be available separately?
Can't say for sure as it's up to Nick to answer that question, but so far all Ebor figures have been available individually so I'd say there's a good chance this worthy will be as well.
eboracomb
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by eboracomb » Wed May 08, 2013 8:54 pm

Hi Jim, Michel is right the artillery figures will be available individually, the trooper's are wearing waist belts.
As michel as hinted I will be releasing horse with only one cross belt for the carbine and the sword hung from a waist belt both with shoulder cords and without, I have reference's to French Artillery crews both with shoulder cords and without, when did the French Artillery stop wearing them,was it at the same time as the infantry.
cheers Nick
turrabear
Major General
Major General

Post by turrabear » Thu May 09, 2013 7:02 pm

do we have a realise date for the cavalry and artillery figures yet.
eboracomb
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by eboracomb » Thu May 09, 2013 7:12 pm

I hope to have the new figures out this month for sale, as well as the new figures Paul is working on dollies and equipment for new figures of this period and also for a totally new period and wants to get them all done at once and sent together, I hope the wait won't be too long and that you all think it worth waiting a couple of weeks.

thanks Nick
turrabear
Major General
Major General

Post by turrabear » Thu May 09, 2013 9:34 pm

i know it will be worth the wait nick. keep up the good work.
kingscarbine
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by kingscarbine » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:55 pm

They look great but I would like to see more companies covering the 1660-1680 period.