Gamers in the central plains?

A section devoted to questions and answers for this period.
Grenadier
Sergeant
Sergeant

Gamers in the central plains?

Post by Grenadier » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:04 pm

Well, having not come across a "opponent finder" on this fine forum I will use my favorite period board to seek out members in the central plains of the US. I live in Des Moines, Iowa which, unfortunately, has a dearth of historical gamers. Having no wish to go it solo, I would like to meet up with like minded gamers within, say 250 miles, for occasional gaming forays.
I'm really a nice fellow and easy to get along with. I like beer, vintage BMW motorcycles, anything to do with the horse and musket period and spirited discussions of the all the above. I'm 50, married with children, and have been in and out of this hobby for 35 years. No need to clutter up the forum, please PM if you care to. I'd post a picture of me but then I'd scare anyone off.

Brian
Grenadier
"In what space, sir? In what space?"
flick40
Major General
Major General

Re: Gamers in the central plains?

Post by flick40 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:49 pm

Welcome to the forum Brian. I live in Liberty Missouri just off I-35 about 2.5-3 hrs from you. I'll PM you here shortly. In the mean time enjoy our hospitality in the period you enjoy. There are many like minded folk here to help out with any questions etc.

Joe
BobR
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Gamers in the central plains?

Post by BobR » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:25 am

I live in Lenexa Kansas and have a friend who lives in Shawnee Kansas and we have amassed and painted quite a large number of Williamite War 25/28mm figures but have not actually played a game in the period. Our cavalry figures are based two per stand and we decided to base our infantry six per stand (2 across and 3 deep) to give the feel of ranks. Our cav are based on 2in by 2in bases and the infantry on 2in by 3in bases. We would be interested in some games in this period. We also have another friend (who has a nice wargaming room in his basement) that we play an 18th century imaginations game with pretty much on a weekly basis. - Bob