Sheffield Triples show - the battle of Almansa 1707

A section devoted to questions and answers for this period.
Eugenio von Savoy
Sergeant Major of the Army

Re: Sheffield Triples show - the battle of Almansa 1707

Post by Eugenio von Savoy » Thu May 22, 2014 4:35 pm

turrabear wrote:great looking game . must admit really love johns flags.
Hi Turrabear,

A little known fact is that all of the Spanish and Portuguese flags (and quite a few of the French and Huguenot ones too) on the table are by my fair hand, produced using the same technique as John. But thanks for the feedback all the same.

Regards,

Tim
LASW Wargames Group
Nottinghamshire
UK
http://www.freewebs.com/like-a-stone-wall/
"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak, Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."
Sir Winston Churchill,
Eugenio von Savoy

Post by Eugenio von Savoy » Sun May 25, 2014 9:25 am

More pictures of the game.

Look for for a future article in the wargames press on the battle.

I should also like to take the opportunity to counter comments seen over the web recently and confirm that as usual the 'Like a stone wall' Wargames Group was not fully occupied "in just playing the game" but were indeed as ever heavily engaged in discussing all aspects of our game, previous games, rule mechanisms and mass painting methods. WE take great pleasure that we can say we do play our games rather than set up a display and let it sit unattended all weekend. Several of us can support this with the range of throat ailments we subsequently presented to our respective GPs with! Thats why we have a GP amonst us. :lol:

I am afraid to say that there are clearly some punters out there happy to wander round shows not prepared to initiate healthy conversation but feel offended if they are not engaged at every opportunity - we do attempt to respect your privacy. As ever and in my earlier post if you wish feel free to chat to us or even request to play. We are happy to accommodate everybody.

Tim
'Like a stone wall' Wargames Group
Nottinghamshire
http://www.freewebs.com/like-a-stone-wall/
"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak, Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."
Sir Winston Churchill,
PaulMc
Colonel
Colonel

Post by PaulMc » Mon May 26, 2014 1:51 pm

Great pictures and lots of very nice figures and terrain. Wish I could've seen it in person. Shame about the negative comments, I rarely find groups or clubs unwilling to chat if I ask questions at a show, indeed some are almost too enthusiastic. I fail to see why people make those types of posts, we all share the same hobby.
"We shall attack across the minefield, under cover of daylight!"