Tiffin's Regiment of Foot spoted in Quebec, Canada!

A section devoted to questions and answers for this period.
Captain of Dragoons
Major General
Major General

Tiffin's Regiment of Foot spoted in Quebec, Canada!

Post by Captain of Dragoons » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:33 am

I am here at the Royal Military Collage of Canada's campus in St Jean, Quebec attending my Intermediate Leadership Course, which is a course for Canadian Armed Forces WO's & PO's.

In the Vieux Mess, which is the WO's & Snr NCO's drinking mess, along the main hallway on the walls are water paintings of various early French / British and Canadian regiments that have served in Quebec from the 1660's to the early 1900's.

Strangely, seemly out of place, is a water colour of Tiffin's Regiment of Foot, with the soldier dressed as per the year 1689. He is wearing a grey or French off-white coat, with orange-reddish cuffs, white neck scarf/tie, with a orange-reddish under garment, socks are white held up with orange-reddish garters - below the knee. Typical 1690's rounded hat with one side slightly turned up with a orange-reddish band.

Could a detachment of Tiffin's ended up in an attempt to take Quebec during the Nine Years War?

Interesting.

cheers
Captain of Dragoons
SteveRCR
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: Tiffin's Regiment of Foot spoted in Quebec, Canada!

Post by SteveRCR » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:23 am

Did that course back in 03, Death by power point still? My 5th Great Grandfather was in the 26th Regiment of Foot, He was garrision at Montreal when the fort fell. I'm missing one link from forming a line to the Carrigan Regiment on the French side of the family. So much local and personal History I ingnored growing up reading about battles in Europe :)
Captain of Dragoons
Major General
Major General

Re: Tiffin's Regiment of Foot spoted in Quebec, Canada!

Post by Captain of Dragoons » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:51 am

Not to bad with the ppts. There is a lot of discussion groups on various topics and briefings from SMEs or VIPs from various commands.

cheers

Edward
Captain of Dragoons