Uniform Guides for the Boyne

A section devoted to questions and answers for this period.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Uniform Guides for the Boyne

Post by barr7430 » Sun May 22, 2016 7:37 pm

prompted by GB's informative post we did our own digging, revised the pdf and displayed it at Partizan today! We think this, plus two small revisions(one each) to Danish and Jacobite centre bring the guides right into line. These will be sent to hose who have purchased the pdfs pre 220516 shortly.

thanks both Glorfindel and Graf Bretlach for your proactivity :D
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Graf Bretlach
Captain
Captain

Post by Graf Bretlach » Sun May 22, 2016 11:51 pm

Glad to of helped, I downloaded the free one the other night, brilliant work and a brave project considering the lack of information.

I agree with the comment about the mouths.

I look forward to seeing more, a great period to study.
PaulPatrick
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by PaulPatrick » Tue May 24, 2016 9:47 am

What are your thoughts about the composition of the Jacobite Drogheda garrison in 1690?

I have no provenance for this,but I have been told that it consisted of the following:-

Viscount Magennis of Iveagh

Regiments;

- Bourke
- Iveagh
- MacElligott.
Holywell Hill
Private
Private

Post by Holywell Hill » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:37 pm

Thought it was worth taking a step back and acknowledging and thanking Barry and Clarence for the great scholarship, effort and creativity that these uniform guides represent.
To have the results of much research with difficult and conflicting sources presented to us in this clear and inspiring format is marvellous.
There appear to be close on 1000 League of Augsburg followers. I would have thought at least 50% would purchase these excellent guides. In fact why not 80% or 100% of the Group...?
If you are in the slightest bit interested in the Williamite/Jacobite conflict in Ireland in the late 17th century, you will want to have these Pdfs in your collection. They give a wonderful indication of the quality and 'definitive' nature of what will be the 'once-in-a-generation' books on the Irish Wars when they eventually come to market!
turrabear
Major General
Major General

Post by turrabear » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:43 pm

I totally agree with you bought the pdfs the day the day they came out and would urge all members of this site with an interest in this period to buy them.you won,t be disappointed. I,m looking forward to hopefully some more realises in the future .
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:31 pm

Very kind remarks from both of you. On behalf of Clarence and I, sincere thanks. It makes it worthwhile.

A quick update for all pdf purchasers..

several corrections have been made to the set for the Boyne and everyone who has the pdfs will receive the updated docs free of charge as soon as we've signed off on them. These tweaks are important and provide updated info. Some of the changes are very minor, others slightly more significant ut all improve the overall accuracy of the content.

Clarence has been very busy with the day job for the last couple of weeks but the next set.. Siege of Derry, is ready and will be available within the next couple of weeks.

Thanks again for your support!

B & C

Henry Ford
turrabear
Major General
Major General

Post by turrabear » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:42 pm

Mr h will you be adding the new jacobite flags John Hamiltons bourkes macelligots,Lord Galway, art mcmahons and nugents to the range of jacobite flags for sale in the warfare miniatures shop.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:17 am

Short answer Mark... Yes!

Clarence is a bit busy righ now putting the US comms system back in working order!

Henry Ford
turrabear
Major General
Major General

Post by turrabear » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:13 pm

Fantastic news looking forward to buying them from the shop.