Low -tech war

general discussion points related to gaming, painting and modelling in this period
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Low -tech war

Post by barr7430 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:23 pm

I have decided to do a 28mm scale game from the 1939 Polish Campaign at the other Partizan this year. I am feverishly working on the Poles now and much appreciate the help of the BAM team and Ade at Battle Honours for getting stuff to me so quickly.

If you want to see the miniatures building for this game please go to the Gallery/WW2 Eastern Front/Poland 1939 :D
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:12 am

First outing for the Poles on Sunday 21st August. Stout resistance against a German mixed armour and infantry attack. A static defence by the Poles took a very heavy toll of enemy infantry and armour on the way in but once their own field guns and AT guns were knocked out the result was inevitable.

Really enjoyed the early war flavour and vehicles. Well played Paul Mc.

B 8)

Henry Ford

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:46 am

Hi Barry,loved the pics and the scenario spot on , its funny everytime, its always the anti-tank guns, that keep cropping up and causing the most problems for armour etc.

looked like a corker of a game

Mister t
PaulMc
Colonel
Colonel

Sunday's game

Post by PaulMc » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:58 am

Hi All!

This is the first chance I've had to post anything this week. Great game on Sunday, I now like the early war period too! Those Poles look fantastic, I especially liked the gunners and the officer figure in the czapka. It's easy to see how much Barry must have enjoyed painting them. They are a pretty tough nut to crack too, the Poles, and would have been tougher still had it not been for yet more of my truly jammy dice rolls :oops: .

PaulMc
"We shall attack across the minefield, under cover of daylight!"
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Polish Army List

Post by barr7430 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:40 pm

I'm thinking about putting together an army list(aaargh) based on the Flames of War principle for the Poles. If there are any interested parties out there let me know and I'll send you a copy when it's finished.

Cheers

Barry

Henry Ford

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:46 pm

Count me in barry, your reaching new levels of uses of different ranges to create some fascinating units, great work
:P

Cheers Martin