STALINGRAD FOR PC

general discussion points related to gaming, painting and modelling in this period
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

STALINGRAD FOR PC

Post by barr7430 » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:02 pm

Anyone else got this game yet? I'm hooked. I don't normally like REAL TIME WARGAMES such as Sudden Strike, Cossacks, Medieval Total War etc but this one is really good. The game designers are Russian and the buildings and terrain look very authentic.
Fantastic graphics, difficult missions, realistic balance of equipment , limited ammo supply, air cover on both sides. The only annoying thing is the Grunge Metal soundtrack which I got rid of within about 5 minutes. I have now fought my way all the way from the Don Bend to the Tractor Plant in the north of the city(12 or 14 games I've lost count) and some of the missions were unbelievably tricky.

Only problem is that this distracts me from painting but hey.....

:oops:
B
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
azeroth
Captain
Captain

Post by azeroth » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:18 pm

Got it myself, it's ok but I am not as hooked on it as perhaps the Miucrosoft close combat series of a few years ago, there was/is somethig about "a bridge too far" in the cc series of games that makes it essential gaming for pc owners interested in the period.

I shall dig it out and lend it you if you wish as i think it is pretty hard to come by nowadays.
A moth eaten rag on a worm eaten pole
It does not look likely to stir a man's soul
'Tis the deeds that were done 'neath the moth eaten rag
When the pole was a staff and the rag was a flag.

E Hamley
kutusov
Captain
Captain

Post by kutusov » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:21 am

I'm the same the CC "Bridge to far" I never did manage on the first screen to stop the germans blowing the railway bridge and letting me take a short cut :cry:
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:47 am

that would be good Ian. I'd like a shot at it! See if I can get any further than Bob! :wink:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
azeroth
Captain
Captain

Post by azeroth » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:40 pm

Kutsukov, I feel your pain, it was almost a heart stopping moment hearing the bridge go on the first screen.

Bary, I shall dig it out, it is in a box in the soon to be completed (been saying that for the past 6 months at least) wargames room

IanB
A moth eaten rag on a worm eaten pole
It does not look likely to stir a man's soul
'Tis the deeds that were done 'neath the moth eaten rag
When the pole was a staff and the rag was a flag.

E Hamley