Demo Game

general discussion points related to gaming, painting and modelling in this period

Demo Game

Post by Guest » Tue May 16, 2006 6:32 pm

nice pic of demo game barry, got anymore :?:

MR T :)

Post by Guest » Tue May 16, 2006 6:39 pm

scratch that just noticed the others :D
flakmaus

Post by flakmaus » Sun May 28, 2006 10:33 am

Hi all,
Had to join the site, as you have been kind enough to post some pics of our 1946 game we put on at Partizan last weekend, (and I forgot me camera, d'oh!!)., thanx for the pics!
The game was really just an excuse to field all the wierdo German "what-if" stuff we've collected over the years. I've always had a fascination for the German futuristic stuff. Even if it was tactically bankrupt, it still looks great 8) . It also featured some of our American T28/95s, which we had built as a commission a few years ago, (got to blat the E-100s etc with something better than a Centurion !!)
I was able to blag some pictures from a group of very kind gamers from Cambridge, who also took pics, and posted them to me on disc. If you want to see anymore let me know.
A very fine site you have here, I look forward to seeing more inspirational pics and ideas, if the present is anything to go by.
Many thanx to Dave Woody for pointing me in this direction,
Best regards,
John.
20mm?, it's a dead scale, especially in WW2...
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon May 29, 2006 7:48 pm

Welcome Flakmaus! I have one other pic of your game, I'll post it soon. Glad you like the site.

I agree with you on 20mm....I just wrote a little piece on the very same subject for Battlegames Magazine.. expecting the death threats shortly.

B
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
flakmaus

Post by flakmaus » Mon May 29, 2006 8:13 pm

And it's the only scale I game WW2 in too :lol:
To be perfectly honest, the comment was brought about by listening to numerous traders whinging about the lack of sales in WW2 20mm, and that it was dead.
Now, just because a trader can't make his mortgage out of it doesn't mean it's a dead scale, but that's the perception. What it really means is that we all have sh--loads of stuff already, and don't need any more, (actually thats a bit rash, as we always need more....... :D ). Anyway, my 2p worth.
I forgot to mention what our group is called, we are the Newark Shedheads, (all 2 of us, me and my bro!). I'm hoping to put on another game at TOP, not sure what yet,
Best regards,
John.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon May 29, 2006 8:20 pm

I think your game was fantastic as were many other 20mm games. I just have a thing about it in the 'spectrum of scales'. It seems to me to be the oddest. I had lots of 20mm stuff but got rid of it for the scale below and the scale above.

Don't take me too seriously though! :wink:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
flakmaus

Post by flakmaus » Wed May 31, 2006 5:45 pm

No worries mate :) , I think I really got into 20mm, because I'm of the 1960's Airfix kit/soldier generation. At the time that was all there was, and once I'd sunk so much time/effort into it it became hard to change. Still love it though!
If I had my time again, I'd probably go for 15mm, (as you can get more on the same sized table, but it still looks nice kit), but I couldn't face starting again now!
Best regards,
John.