Taxi....take me to the Rhine (very pic heavy)

general discussion points related to gaming, painting and modelling in this period
big-gazza
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
Location: Married with Children........in Strathaven, Scotland.

Taxi....take me to the Rhine (very pic heavy)

Post by big-gazza » Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:08 am

Hi,
wanted to paint up a couple of figures for the Race to the Rhine campaign. First we have my HQ.

For the command stand I have my company surgeon reporting the latest casualty to the company commander. As it is ment to be 6BN Royal Scots Fusiliers I've added the piper to the 2iC stand.

Next we have out taxi in the form of a unit of RAM Kangaroos from the 1st Canadian Armoured Carrier Regiment. (driven by a Lt Van Doo :wink: ).

I liked paiting these a lot. Tried to get a bit of character by adding crew to the Kangaroos. One with a passenger giving directions to the crewman and another giving a medic a lift.

Hope you like them. More pics of my late war brits to come.

All comments welcome

Gazza
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:06 am

Gary, these are truly excellent. Some of your best work ever I think. 8) Really looking forward to seeing them on the table :wink:
Please kept Lieutenant VanDoo well away from those Jerry AT guns! he's got to return to his old mob and fight(for me!) :wink:

Monday should be good to see them in the field! - We could get three games on the go without too much bother.
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Dave Stewart
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Dave Stewart » Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:11 pm

Superb work as ever Gary.

Looking forward to Monday's first 'contacts'

Dave.
Sharpshooters? Pah, they couldn't hit an elephant at this dist...........
big-gazza
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
Location: Married with Children........in Strathaven, Scotland.

Post by big-gazza » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:46 pm

Hi,
glad you liked them. Still o.k. for tomorrow night, should be there at about 7:30.

Looking forward to it. I'll be happy to play in the german side after my game if you are a bit short on players. I know Monday nights can be a bit sparse.

Barry - I'll be playing a 2000 point game. Also I don't know if it is the Van Doo. Possibly a close relation.

Gazza