Dumfries in Flames Shock

general discussion points related to gaming, painting and modelling in this period
j1mwallace
Major General
Major General

Dumfries in Flames Shock

Post by j1mwallace » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:16 pm

What is it with this FOW?I bought a small box of Fallschirmjager to paint a few weeks ago and now its like , like...World war 2. From Small beginnings its like folk buying -!!. Every week I go back to our once upstanding club and there's more boxes, more painted metal, and more discussions. Not that I'm immune, my small para force of September is now about 5000 points,and I,ve been into Static to buy more today. Even now I.ve got this craving to buy some MK4's. Hell Even Mr Nish o'the pipe has bought Achtung Panzergrenadiers and British infantry for the Italian Campaign. I will say though that this has given WW2 the best shot in the arm I,ve seen in 30 years. Wish I'd thought of it.
Jim
[/b]
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:29 pm

Great to hear you traditionalists in the far corners of the Kingdom have joined the 21st century Jim 8)
I've presonally had great fun with FoW and if you are remotely interested in our ramblings visit the DTS section of this forum where we regularly chew over all thing FoW from a Scottish perspective!!

Currently the boys are racing each other to reach the Rhine and 5 of the 11 companies involved are Jockos!!! :roll:

some advice for your comrade:

'Piper' Nish better not smoke it at night... snipers might get him :shock:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
j1mwallace
Major General
Major General

Piper Nish

Post by j1mwallace » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:56 pm

Aye, but any self respecting sniper would go for a head shot so he'd survive.Nothing important in there, just sweeties
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:30 pm

Does he read this stuff??? :shock: :shock:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
j1mwallace
Major General
Major General

Mr Nish

Post by j1mwallace » Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:55 am

Absolutely, but I think that he is still learning to type and you canny send e mails in crayon yet! :D
Jim
bugmans6x
Private
Private

Re: Dumfries in Flames Shock

Post by bugmans6x » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:13 pm

j1mwallace wrote:What is it with this FOW?I bought a small box of Fallschirmjager to paint a few weeks ago and now its like , like...World war 2. From Small beginnings its like folk buying -!!. Every week I go back to our once upstanding club and there's more boxes, more painted metal, and more discussions. Not that I'm immune, my small para force of September is now about 5000 points,and I,ve been into Static to buy more today. ... Wish I'd thought of it.
Jim
[/b]
I've noticed the same thing since I started 2 years ago....

Charles