The battle inside Stalingrad Sewers (eye candy)

general discussion points related to gaming, painting and modelling in this period
nevermore
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by nevermore » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:47 pm

55 photos uploaded on the website at http://www.victorian-steel.com/ just click on the gallery and sit back click "View as Slideshow" if you want.

The whole Stalingrad sewer is up for sale, not decided on a price as yet but i'm selling it because i want to donate a large sum of cash for those who really need it at "Combat Stress" - its a big piece set at 28mm so be warned.

One evening i was munching on a packet of poppadoms,as daft as it may sound the transparent plastic packaging the poppadoms came in,struck me as a idea for creating the waterfall in the Stalingrad Sewers.

upload image online

free photo hosting

Everything is scratch built, 12 corridors 2 large rooms,6 corner sections and 4 small hidden pipe sections which could be placed anywhere i wanted a russian to come out of.

adult photo sharing

photo uploading

upload pics

The sections are all 28mm scale, 5 inch wide 3 inch tall, easy for a hand to move a miniature, it also had that space hulk idea, the sewers could be setup differently everytime i wanted to game, with boxes and crates the place could easy give that miniature plenty of cover.

photo uploader

photoupload

adult image hosting

free image hosting

free photo upload

The Battle of Stalingrad started on the River Don and ended when the Soviets destroyed the Sixth Army’s flanking formations north and south of the city. But the heart of the battle was in the streets of Stalingrad itself.

free upload pictures

photo uploading websites

This is where the Russian soldiers and militia held the German on slaught. Where the defenders demonstrated an unexpected aptitude for urban warfare. And where both sides developed new tactics to deal with fighting in built up areas.

jpg images

Bitter fighting raged for every ruin, street, factory, house, basement, and staircase. Even the sewers were the sites of firefights. The Germans, calling this unseen urban warfare Rattenkrieg ("Rat War")

The factories had extensive underground work – sewers, communications and water-supply systems . Initially the Soviets were unfamiliar with them and made little use of these. Only as the fighting intensified and the soldier integrated with the local factory administration did they start using the underground system.

Sappers and chemical warfare men made breaches in walls, smoked out the enemy, and dug underground mines. In sewers flame-thrower men and sappers with explosives accompanied the storm group.
BP
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: The battle inside Stalingrad Sewers (eye candy)

Post by BP » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:33 pm

looks great! WWII Space Hulk like you said :)

Bill
nevermore
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: The battle inside Stalingrad Sewers (eye candy)

Post by nevermore » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:15 pm

Cheers Bill mate, hows tricks, hope all is good.