ANNOUNCEMENT 2 - November Game : LIGNY

A Forum location for posts by members of the League and any other Visitors or Forum members who wish to post items and questions about our games and activities.
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

ANNOUNCEMENT 2 - November Game : LIGNY

Post by Blucher » Wed May 09, 2007 3:59 pm

Gentlemen

On behalf of Kevin and myself i would like to announce the 'worst kept secret' about the November game. We've decided to do LIGNY (or as i like to call it 'the day Blucher gave Boney a good kicking!)- i'm not partizan at all!!!!
If my dates are correct we are at The Airlie 17/18th.

Those 'Gentlemen' that have already 'confirmed' (other than Kevin & myself-obviously)are:

Barry Hilton
Peter Nicholson
Peter McCarroll
Andrew Nicholson
Dale Smith
Charles Grant
Colin Jack
Bob Lauder
Mike Anderson
Paul McLauclin
Angus Konstam

We have initially planned the game as 6 players per side, with the '2 Umpires' also having 'minor roles' (1 on each side). On this basis we have a 'single vacancy for a command'. If anyone of our 'team of usual players' would like to be considered to 'fill' this vacancy,please post a note on the 'messages board'. On this point we would like 'the player' to be available for both Saturday AND Sunday, so we don't have a break in continuity.

Kevin and I will (hopefully) continue in the tradition of the other 'Gentlemen' who have given us all some fantastic games over the years.

Regards

Adrian
pp. Kevin
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Ligny game

Post by Blucher » Wed May 09, 2007 7:12 pm

I've been 'contacted' by Steve Shaw (via Dale) and he wishes to 'take command' of the 'vacant General's position'. So that means that we seem to have our compliment of players for this particular game.

Thanks Gents.

Regards

'Blucher'