Marlburian game

A Forum location for posts by members of the League and any other Visitors or Forum members who wish to post items and questions about our games and activities.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:19 am

Great response chaps! :D We've got shed loads of this stuff 8) . I have gamed this period more than any other over the years and the Napoleonic rules we use for our big games are actually a derivative of my rules for this period Under the Lilly Banners. No probs in that dept then.
I will put together a spreadsheet detailing what we have and I think that 2009 - first game? could be the one OR

if Ade/Dale have problems with the schedule for the Samurai game in Nov 2008 we could shuffle this one forward .

What dou you think?
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:29 am

I give it my vote.

Peter
Peter

"The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky"
charge0.wanadoo.co.uk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Marlburian game and Peninsular Organiser

Post by charge0.wanadoo.co.uk » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:01 pm

Dear Barry, With some trepidation having enjoyed the excellently organised games so far I will volunteer for the Peninsular organiser but I would ask if you would assit me please. If you agree I will get in touch and ask you over for a discussion and initial planning conference.
As to the Marlborough game, I have been lucky enough to fight all of the big four and agree that Oudenaarde is complex and messey being something of a meeting engagement. Blenhiem is great but rather predicatable. Either of the other two would be very intesting but perhaps Malplaquet would be best.
Yours aye, Charles
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:18 pm

Would love to help with the Peninsular game Charles. Let me know when and what I can do!

Malplaquet is a cracking battle..have enjoyed playing it before..would be my first choice with Ramillies a close second.

Henry Ford
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Malburian Gane

Post by thinredline » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:19 am

Barry scripted "It is an extremely large area much bigger than Waterloo - two or three times the size and not linear either with troops marching in from all directions" I love a challenge 8) How many more tiles do we need :?: :wink:
Thinredline
"There is no retreat from here, men," Campbell told them as he rode down the line, "you must die where you stand."
charge0.wanadoo.co.uk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by charge0.wanadoo.co.uk » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:33 pm

Barry, Many thanks. I will be in touch with dates for planning meeting at my house. Yours aye, Charles
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:10 pm

Charles, having a reasonable collection myslef of French, Spanish and British as well as Peninsular buildings in 28mm, I would be happy to assist in whatever way needed.

By the way , just picked up a copy of your Napoleon in Egypt book along with two of the Armies of Marlborough volumes from Dave Ryan. I'm thoroughly enjoying them already.

all the best

Peter
Peter

"The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky"
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:17 pm

Chaps,

my contribution to the Peninsular effort is likely to be limited in figures terms... I think that is the province of Messrs Nicholson,Grant,Smith & perhaps Schnapps?? I hope to provide more of the 'staff work' support :wink:

Henry Ford
charge0.wanadoo.co.uk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by charge0.wanadoo.co.uk » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:15 pm

Dear Peter, Many thanks for the offer of troops and houses which will be very greatfully recieved. My own Spanish village/ town whatever? is progressing well. 27 scratch made buildings, 10 outbuildings, a church and two bridges. None of which are completly finished but all more or less built. Madness but fun. I will bring some photos. I am having a planning meeting with Barry next month after which I will be able to brief everyone at a tavern in Ligny!
Thank you for the kind comments on the books. Part 2 of the Egypt book should be out in the next two months majoring on the British, Turks and Mamelukes. More than 40 colour plates by Bob Marrion which I am really pleased with. Dave Ryan has "Wellington's First Campaign in Portugal -1808" and hopefully will get it out before Chistmas. The current project is "The Road to Corunna"?
Yours aye Charles