EBAY and 'US GENTS'

A Forum location for posts by members of the League and any other Visitors or Forum members who wish to post items and questions about our games and activities.
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

EBAY and 'US GENTS'

Post by Blucher » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:25 pm

Gents

Don't know if this is 'pratical or even of interest/use' but i was wondering about when 'we' occasionally venture onto 'ebay' to buy stuff (wargaming gear mainly) and a 'potential problem'?
After the recent WW2 game i've ventered onto 'the WEB' to purchase some 'corgi hardwear'. I came across Peter trying to buy up Shermans. I knew it was Peter as his LoGW 'name' appeared on the 'bidding'. I naturally 'backed off' as i didn't want to cause a 'bidding war' between us. It would have been not apparent to Peter, whom i was, as i do not go under any of my 'usual titles'.
My thought is, is there any mileage in us 'circulating' (privately) our 'ebay names' to each other to avoid this potential issue?

Thoughts?

Blucher
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:45 pm

yup! but we should do it by e mail and not this Forum!!!
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:53 am

I've been rumbled !

I have bought a few pieces on Ebay, (I haven't won them all) . My buying is now over for the year , especially as my wife thinks all of these parcels coming into the house are for her !

I received the Vietnam supplement for DH yesterday so this Christmas will be spent getting my Brwon water navy fleet up and running. I see a big DH Vietnam game looming in the future with lots of Hueys and jungle !
Peter

"The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky"
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:12 am

That sounds good Peter 8) Andy Thomson will want to come to that because he believes he is Captain Willard :shock:

Henry Ford
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:51 pm

Colin Jack has the new Brown Navy ships from Grand Manner still to paint up, I have a load of VC and can borrow my mates NVA and US troops with a load of M113's and I believe Angus is starting a Nam force. So yet another period we can put on the list for 2009. Now I need to go and work out a way of creating a napam stirke using my burning tank method :wink:

Cheers
Dave
big-gazza
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
Location: Married with Children........in Strathaven, Scotland.

Post by big-gazza » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:31 am

Hi,
good idea. Will stop any of us jumping into a sale at the last minute and winning a Cromwell that another member had been bidding on. :lol: :oops: :twisted:

Gazza
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:29 pm

If I could get my hands on that Guy :twisted: .. I mean really...

who'd have thought I be playing with the very same tank about 3 weeks later.. without..... owning it :shock:

Piece of junk anyway :wink:

Henry Ford