Debut of von Blucher's Preussers

A Forum location for posts by members of the League and any other Visitors or Forum members who wish to post items and questions about our games and activities.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Debut of von Blucher's Preussers

Post by barr7430 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:55 pm

I beg leave to report that today the Regts Nr6, Nr22 and the Westfalen Landwehr together with the Landwehr cavalry of Pommerania, a 6pdr, a 12pdr battery and a further regiment of West Prussian infantry and a detachment of Jager did engage with and hold back twice their number of Imperial French troops under the Emperor himself.
All regiments acquitted themselves well but in particular the Westfalen men performed superbly, breaking a veteran French column and wiping out a squadron of Cuirassiers before falling back before the enemy.
Alas all of the 6pdr guns were lost but the mission was a complete success.

I trust the Herr Feld Marschal will be satisfied with this debut! :wink:

Having played the FLAMES OF WAR - FIGHTING WITHDRAWAL MISSION last night at the club I adapted it for today;s game with Peter McCarroll's French (who incindetally had their debut today after many years in the box!).

I think I'll get these out again before Ligny Adrian, they need the practice!!
and so do I :shock:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Captain of Dragoons
Major General
Major General

Post by Captain of Dragoons » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:27 am

Landwehr breaking a veteran French column and wiping out a squadron of Cuirassiers :?

Barry surely you jest

Long live the Emperor :!:
Captain of Dragoons
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Blucher » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:13 am

Barry.

Great report on the performance of 'Meine Kinder'! No real surprise to me as their 'Father'. It will make the Prussian Victory at Ligny a 'given', especially as ALL the Prussian troops will be classed as 'Veteran' (or above). We'll not be having any of that 'Raw' grading nonsence that Dale has been so fond of giving 'my boys' in the past.

Which of you 'Gents' NOW want a Prussian Command?!!

Blucher ('The Proud' and 'Humourous')
charge0.wanadoo.co.uk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by charge0.wanadoo.co.uk » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:31 pm

Barry, The Prussians must have started Hogmanay early with hallucinatory snaps or you are exploring the wider reaches of fantacy wargaming! Surely not? One of the joys of wargaming is that we do try to produce reasonable representations of reality. When you wake up and the dream wears off I fear you will be disappointed! Poor Prussians! Better luck next year but I fear you will meet your Jena.
Charles
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:34 pm

Charles,

I do believe you are angling for a French command at Ligny :wink:
Remember, we've reversed history once with a fine victory for L'Empereur at Waterloo, who is to say that von Blucher cannot rewrite Ligny and repulse the excitable French with Prussian discipline, grit and Teutonic temprement 8)

Henry Ford
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:19 am

This evening the Prussian forces fought another sharp engagement with the French winning a narrow and hard fought battle by remaining in possession of the field after a titanic struggle.
Special mention must be given to Regiment Nr6, who despite sustaining over 50% casualties marched into the face of the enemy guns doing great slaughter. squadron of the Pommeranian Uhlans cracked the French line by charging a veteran enemy regiment in column and breaking it which caused the rout of half a brigade and the enemy commander to flee in panic.
Alas a tragic note must be sounded as our commander General von Hitlon was struck down by a musket ball through the temple whilst encouraging the Silesian Landwehr to attack an Italian Regiment.

Adrian.. just getting your boys used to the sound of the dice rolling for Ligny!! 8) :wink:

Henry Ford
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Blucher » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:11 pm

'Count' Von Hilton

Your 'Prince' is proud and pleased with yet another 'demolition of the French Scoundrels'!!
It would seem that we must do one of 2 things for the Ligny Campaign to make it an 'equal encounter' and to make sure the game will actually last 2 days!
We can either 'half' the Prussian forces or DOUBLE 'The Froggies'.

Gentlemen, please let Kevin and I know what think!

Blucher

(P.S. Did you notice 'the promotion'- due to your 2 victories for the Fatherland. Its a hereditory title so it can 'pass down')
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:03 am

Danke Sehr Mein Feld Marshal! 8)

I went on the offensive from the get go!! We used the preliminary bombardment rule from R2E during which Pierre 'counter batteried' my 12pdrs causing a right old mess!! I thought that I needed to get the infantry up and at 'em pretty sharpish so we legged it across the filed taking the battle to the enemy! The entire French left wing ran away!!! :wink:

Henry Ford