MARCH WEEKENDER - LIGNY

A Forum location for posts by members of the League and any other Visitors or Forum members who wish to post items and questions about our games and activities.
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:40 am

Mein Herr General :)
Vee have some of zee articles (wagons, barricades) that may be of use, and shall gladly muster these for service :wink:
Thinredline
"There is no retreat from here, men," Campbell told them as he rode down the line, "you must die where you stand."
charge0.wanadoo.co.uk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Ligny - before and after

Post by charge0.wanadoo.co.uk » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:06 am

Gentlemen, I have not heard if any help is needed on the Friday. Happy to turn up Friday morning but if not needed will arrive Friday pm.
Next (I stand by for justified abuse) I will make my apologies to you all now for having to leave at 3pm on Sunday (probably before the clearing up). I hate to do that but I have an engagement back at home. I will try to make some reconpense for my absence with Highland Park on Saturday night.
Finally, I will take 10 minutes of your time to outline plans for the next game. A idea of who can contribute terrain boards, French, Spanish Britsh and Guerrilla forces will help . I will circulate a support matrix as suggeste/used by Barry during the weekend and refine it subsequenly.
Yours aye, Charles
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Blucher » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:34 am

Gents

Firstly and most importantly, Charles, hopefully I speak for all of the Gents, with regards to your 'early departure' and confirm that the 'Highland Park' compensation will help our limbs recover!
With regards to the kind offers of help on 'the Friday', on behalf of Kevin and myself, can I thank all of you that have offered, but we hope to have it ALL set up for you all when you start turning up Friday evening ( as we have some 'secret sorting' to finalise!).
Apart from the note Kevin put on about 'wagons, etc could I just remind everyone I've contact 'individually' with regards to 'their terrain tiles' I've asked to use. Could I also ask Dave to bring along his 'rubber tracks/road' as it may be needed.
Have any of the Kirrie guys popped into 'THE AIRDRIE' to have a word about 'light bulbs' and check lighting? Also reminder about bringing any other 'floodlights' for background lighting.

Thanks

Blucher
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:07 pm

Adrian,

my requested terrain tiles are with Bob.. can you just confirm that Bob, it's so long since we made that arrangement!... :shock:

My lights are photo lights so I won't be able to leave them on all day. Other light sources would thus be appreciated.... good lighting would be very useful as I have already promised and had agreed that an illustrated article identical to the WATERLOO format will appear in a mag!! :D this year
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:06 pm

I will be giving Kevin my terrain tiles this weekend along with most of my troops.

Seems crazy that we should have to bring along lighting. I know the problems we had last time but hopefully , under new management , they have sorted this out. If not then I guess I can bring along the odd crystal chandelier from home.
Peter

"The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky"
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:23 pm

Can we give Dale a nudge on this... he practically runs Kirriemuir anyway :lol:
Perm any from the following:

1. He owns or co owns the Airlie
2. Most/all of the staff were his pupils
3.It's a front business for the SNP of which he is local Godfather
4.He owns the land that the Airlie is built on
5. Some of the Management are married into his family
6. He has a controling interest in Philips Lighting

It's OK folks there is no danger of me being banged to rights on this as Dale never logs in!!!!
:wink:

Henry Ford
kutusov
Captain
Captain

Post by kutusov » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:07 pm

obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:23 pm

Blucher wrote: Could I also ask Dave to bring along his 'rubber tracks/road' as it may be needed.
Thanks
Blucher
Ja wohl mein General. Did I ever mention that my middle letter has a silent v and n at the begining and end? I also have a selection of barricades which I will also bring along. I assume we are using all your buildings Adrian but if you need anymore then I can bring more.

Cheers
Dave
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:19 pm

Tiles Barry, - I believe the six tiles you passed onto me for storage for Ligny winged their way back into your possession at the Airlie in Nov. when the impromptu WW2 game was dis-assembled.
:oops: :oops: :oops: I will be looking out tiles and barricades etc in the next couple of days and will check thro and confirm whether I have them or not.
Afraid the memory is like a sieve :shock:
:oops: :oops: and playing tricks now - checked and I have them - my apologies for any inconvenience caused :oops: :oops:
Thinredline
Last edited by thinredline on Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
"There is no retreat from here, men," Campbell told them as he rode down the line, "you must die where you stand."
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:28 pm

Adrian/ Gents,
Contacted the Airlie and all systems go for Thursday evening.
I have queried the lighting situation, the roof lights are still blocked off, but have requested these be removed if possible before Friday. No promises that this can be accomplished. Also asked for all wall lights to be checked.
Was worried about double bookings again, as there is a 40th school re-union booked for Saturday - but this is not being held in "Our Hall"
See those of you that are available on Thursday, and Friday for the rest of the squad. Looking forward to this with much intrepidation.
:D Thinredline
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Blucher » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:09 pm

Bob/Gents

Thanks for the 'update' and checking with The Airlie. I'll see 'The Thursday Helpers' on '......Thursday.........' and the rest of you Gents on Friday.

'Approx Timetable' for Friday:

Hopefully 'FULL GAME SETUP' by 8.30pm (this allows for Peter Nicholson's French to be 'force marched' down to Kirrie- all other troops will be 'on table earlier). Barry (only) to have 30/45 min to photograph for LoA website AND 'WSS' magazine. Around 9.00/9.15 game briefing by 'mine hosts'. However......There will be ample amounts of Gents in the Bar from 'tea-time'and Kev and I will probably be popping down every 30 minutes or so for 'Schnapps' anyway.

Blucher
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:33 am

French cavalry, artillery and command are mounted up and ready to roll. Still struggling to muster some of the infantry and get all units up to strength. Some infantry have definitely gone AWOL.

I hope to be down at Kirrie by 7pm on Friday with my full French contingent.
Peter

barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:48 pm

Do we need some of 'D'Erlon Dale' Smith's Frenchies Peter?? :shock:

Henry Ford
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:56 pm

He's already providing virtually all he has !
Peter

barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:11 pm

What size IS this French army :shock: :shock: :shock:

We've never had your stuff on the table before.. we're getting ALL of that and we still need Sir's troops!

Mon Dieu, I hope I'm a Frog in this game :wink:

Henry Ford