PENINSULA GAME JUNE 2008

A Forum location for posts by members of the League and any other Visitors or Forum members who wish to post items and questions about our games and activities.
charge0.wanadoo.co.uk
Sergeant
Sergeant

RV on Friday Night

Post by charge0.wanadoo.co.uk » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:51 pm

Gentlemen, Dale (who understands that there is a magical communication system using computers and electical things) has asked me to use said magic to communicate to you that all who can help with picking up the tables, boards etc should RV at the Airlie Arms at 1800hrs on Friday evening and he will meet us there.
For info I have asked Dave Tulloch from Kirrie, who will be known to most of you to join us for the weekend and he will be with Adrian and the French.
Right, I am away for the next two days so I better make sure all is ready for Friday - see you there. Yours aye, Charles
wyrdbrother
Private First Class
Private First Class

What Time on Saturday?

Post by wyrdbrother » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:29 am

As usual I won't make it down on Friday night but can come down as early as necessary on Saturday. As I'm bringing down Peter's figures, can someone please advise what time I should be there on Saturday :?:
Cheers, Andrew
charge0.wanadoo.co.uk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Peter's Figures on Saturday

Post by charge0.wanadoo.co.uk » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:22 pm

Dear Andrew, I had forgotten that you would not be there on Friday night. The most urgent need is the Spanish. I apoligise but could you manage 0830Hrs - I am doing some preliminary work with the Spanish before everyone else assembles at 0900hrs. You will have Peter's French and Peter and Bob will be using the British. Yours aye, Charles
wyrdbrother
Private First Class
Private First Class

Peter's Figures on Saturday

Post by wyrdbrother » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:37 pm

No problem Charles, I'll be there by 8.30am. Sorry I can't make it down on Friday night. I'm really looking forward to the game and I know Peter is disappointed that he has had to go on holiday rather than join us all. See you Saturday, Cheers Andrew
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:05 pm

I shall be there for Friday evening Charles, in the vanguard, if not leading the charge (to the bar) :wink:
Looking forward to seeing you all....... :lol:
Thinredline
"There is no retreat from here, men," Campbell told them as he rode down the line, "you must die where you stand."
General Schnapps
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by General Schnapps » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:59 pm

Charles
I will be bringing Peters 16 terrain boards down with me but am unable to make it on Fri evening, I can be at the Airlie for 08.30 or earlier if need be on Sat morning.
Kevin
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:20 pm

Picked up the residual tiles at "The Lillies" from Peter on Monday. Trust he has had a safe journey to "sunnier " climes. 8) 8)
Alas my dear friend, yet again we are on opposite sides of the table, but, I am sure the "General" will equit himself in the time honoured fashion, most recently emulated by his dear nephew at Ligny, with glory, distinction, and honourable mention in despatches.
Looking forward to seeing you K. :D :D Ist ones on moi :shock:
Kind Regards
Major General Cole
aka Thinredline
"There is no retreat from here, men," Campbell told them as he rode down the line, "you must die where you stand."
charge0.wanadoo.co.uk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Saturday

Post by charge0.wanadoo.co.uk » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:36 am

Dear Kevin, Can you manage 0815? Charles
Peter McCarroll
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Peter McCarroll » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:00 am

See you tonight chaps. I should be up by about 7.00pm.

Peter
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:09 am

Dear Gang,

under a bit of pressure at work so I won't leave EK till about 5. Means I should be there 7. Paul will be with me.
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:14 pm

Charles,

Well done :D
Organised and efficient, well what else could we expect from a gentleman
with your background.
The gorge was a really effective bottleneck and well laid out. The amount of effort and time you spent on your village was reflected in the results, my compliments 8)
Thank you for hosting another "excellent" weekend, and great to see the rest of "the League" Hope you have all had a safe journey home.
Peter N - you missed a great weekend, but I am sure you are enjoying the sun out there :wink:
Thinredline
Peter McCarroll
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Peter McCarroll » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:36 am

Charles

Thoroughly enjoyable game. For such a complicated game, involving three tables, the game flowed suberbly and was very well balanced.

The three tables playing separately on the Saturday worked well ensuring that all players were involved from the start and that the gaming proceeded quickly. With large games there is always the problem of part of the table being heavily involved while other parts are not.

Another part of the game that I enjoyed was the uncertainty over where and when the enemy and friendly troops would appear.

It was a joy to see your Spanish town, I hope we will see it again in the future.

Thanks to you for all your efforts and to all players, a great weekend.

PS The result was a draw favouring the French.

Peter (Wellington)
Angus Konstam
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Angus Konstam » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:53 am

Gentlemen,

I heartily congratulate Charles for organising and running such a splendid weekend game. I had great fun in the gorge, while the Spanish town was a delight to see - and probably an equal delight to bombard. The big Sunday game was well orchestrated, and ran like clockwork - a real advert for Charles' forethought and planning. Well done.

By the way, I've posted pictures of the game on my wargaming website.

Best Wishes,
wyrdbrother
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by wyrdbrother » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:55 am

Thank you Charles for a brilliantly organised and thoroughly enjoyable weekend. The weekend seemed to fly past.

I particularly enjoyed seeing both versions of your Spanish town - both the pre-bombardment and the ruined versions.

Thanks also to all the "Gentlemen" for helping to make it a great game.

Cheers Andrew
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:59 pm

Angus Konstam wrote:Gentlemen,
I heartily congratulate Charles for organising and running such a splendid weekend game. I had great fun in the gorge, while the Spanish town was a delight to see - and probably an equal delight to bombard. The big Sunday game was well orchestrated, and ran like clockwork - a real advert for Charles' forethought and planning. Well done.

By the way, I've posted pictures of the game on my wargaming website.

Best Wishes,
I agree with everyone else, fantastic weekend even with my plodding subordinates. At least one of them had the decency to get himslef killed whilst the firing squad will have to do it properly for the other one. After he's had a fair Courts Martial of course :wink:

The pics have come out well which is surprising with what you had to drink, I'm amazed they are in focus. :lol:

Cheers
Dave