PENINSULA GAME JUNE 2008

A Forum location for posts by members of the League and any other Visitors or Forum members who wish to post items and questions about our games and activities.
charge0.wanadoo.co.uk
Sergeant
Sergeant

PENINSULA GAME JUNE 2008

Post by charge0.wanadoo.co.uk » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:01 pm

Gentlemen, It is about time I got the prepartions under way for June. My first task is troops to task. I have made a start thanks to the matrix that was filled in during Ligny.
Peter I have 20/5/3 French from you - can you give me numbers of battalions, regiments (cav) and guns for your British, Spanish, Portuguese and Guerrillas that you have kindly offered in your absence please?
As far as others are concerned I have
Dale: French 30/40/5 British 20/8/3
Dave O'Brian British 3 battalions
Bob Lauder French 1 bn British 1 batttlion
Angus Konstam British 3 Bns Portuguese 2 Bns

Judging by the figures at Waterloo there must be more we can lay our hands on. At present I am well short of what I need in all departments (no jokes please!!). I will have a better idea once I see what Peter can provide in the ways of Brits, Port, Sp and guerrillas.
Finally, for now, does someone have the master plan for setting up the tables as they were for D Day?
Best wishes to you all. Yours aye, Charles
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Peninsular Game

Post by thinredline » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:33 pm

Charles,
Forwarded Barry's plans for D-Day to your e-mail address
Regards,
Bob
"There is no retreat from here, men," Campbell told them as he rode down the line, "you must die where you stand."
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:51 am

Charles, I can send you an Excel spreadsheet with my troops or post you out a full list if you prefer. Let me know you're home address and I'll put something together.

I'll be surprised if between Dale and I we can't take care of most if not all of the French. At the last count I think I have about 42 squadrons of French cavalry, 3 artillery batteries and around 20 battalions of infantry. This agrees with what you have already from me for infantry and artilllery but obviously considerably different for the cavalry of which I have bucketloads ! :D

For the British I can contribute at least 10 battalions of infantry, 3 artillery batteries and 14 squadrons of cavalry.

At least 3 battalions possibly 4 of Portuguese infantry.

I'll count up the Spanish and guerillas this weekend.

chow
Peter

"The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky"
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: PENINSULA GAME JUNE 2008

Post by obriendavid » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:06 pm

charge0.wanadoo.co.uk wrote:Gentlemen, It is about time I got the prepartions under way for June. My first task is troops to task.
Dave O'Brien British 3 battalions
Yours aye, Charles
Charles, I'll also have a British artillery battery.

Cheers
Dave
Angus Konstam
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Peninsular Frolics

Post by Angus Konstam » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:06 am

Charles,

Those units are the 3rd, 48th & 57th Foot, and a battalion each of the 11th and 23rd Portuguese Line. All are 30 figure battalions.

I also plan to paint up a battery of three guns (KGL 9-pdrs.), a dozen British skirmishers and 16-24 Portuguese Cacadores by the game, plus a divisional commander (Hill or Beresford), and two Brigadiers (Colbourne & Harvey).

Finally there's the possibility of borrowing a couple of Spanish regiments from Chris Henry. It won't be much, but it'll be a start.

Yours Aye,

Angus
charge0.wanadoo.co.uk
Sergeant
Sergeant

PENINSULAR WEEKEND - UPDATE

Post by charge0.wanadoo.co.uk » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:49 am

Gentlemen, A short update. Barry came over yesterday and we had a very useful session going through the game mechanics for all three tables and rule testing for the spanish town fighting. It resulted in some very useful amendments. I am waiting for Dale (who wont read this!) to give me his detailed army lists so that I can complete the different forces, casualty sheets, unit names etc. Bob has done some great work liaising with Peter over terrain tiles. Thank you.
Adrian and Kevin who are very familiar with the rules have offered to umpire and will be player/umpires on the two smaller tables. Barry will be a player/umpire on the main table.
Peter N and Andrew, I will need all your Spanish and most of your French including the Poles (no Heavy cavalry but all the dragoons and light cavalry) and your British and the Portuguse brigade please. Can you also bring your excellent movement dice please.
Peter Mc, The whole list you sent me wil be on parade please and under your command.
Angus, currently in Orkney, your force will be required and under your independent command.
I have also noted those with some smaller forces - please bring them.
Dave O'B Your battery will be detached to the Spanish Division. your three battlion brigade will be added to the main British forces but not under your command - for you a Marshal's batton awaits!
Bob, we will find a place for your two battalions.
A more detailed shopping list will follow but for now, two things. Can anyone provide spanish type civilians (I have done some) - preferably with most of their clothes on Colin!
I need two feet of barricades/wagons etc - any volunteers?
Having set up on Friday night I fear there will be a bit of preparation required by some of the commanders that evening and a slightly earlier start for one or two on saturday, if we are to get off to a good start.
Yours aye, Charles
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Re: PENINSULAR WEEKEND - UPDATE

Post by thinredline » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:27 am

charge0.wanadoo.co.uk wrote:Gentlemen, I need two feet of barricades/wagons etc - any volunteers?
Yours aye, Charles
I can provide barricades and wagons as per the Ligny game. If there not 2 feet, then I will not be much short. (Some reserve may be advisable)

Regards
Thinredline
"There is no retreat from here, men," Campbell told them as he rode down the line, "you must die where you stand."
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Blucher » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:07 am

Charles/Gents

I'll be able to bring my box of 'barricades' and 'such like' on the train.

Between Bob and myself we will have more than enough, so save any other 'Gents' worrying about supplying!

Looking forward to it, as always.

Blucher
charge0.wanadoo.co.uk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Barricades

Post by charge0.wanadoo.co.uk » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:42 am

Barricades sorted - thank you both. Charles
charge0.wanadoo.co.uk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Peninsular Update 5 June 08

Post by charge0.wanadoo.co.uk » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:03 am

Gentlemen, Time for another update. I have been busy putting together forces, casualty lists and orders over the last week and corresponding with some of you individually on figures, terrain etc.
To remind you, it is a fictitious setting so no homework needed. There are as you know three battlefields and therefore six commands plus subordinates. These are on the British and Allies:
• Duke of Wellington - Peter McCaroll
o Major General Cole - Bob Lauder
o Major General Howard - Barry Hilton

• Brigadier General Santa Dominica. (Colin Jack)

• Major General Rowland Hill (Angus Konstam)

And for the French:
o Marshal Soult (Dave O'Brian)
o General Maransin (Paul McLauclin)
o General Leval (Dale Smith)

o General Claude-Francoise Ferey (Andrew Nicholson)
o General Montbrun (Kevin Calder)

o General Darmagnac (Adrian Howe)

I think we are nearly there on terrain thanks largely to Peter, Bob and Dale. A few miscellaneous points.
If you have any Hovels type Spanish buildings (Dale is bringing all his) and you can manage it, please bring them. Likewise Last Valley type stone walls.
Please bring your copies of the R2E play sheets.
If you have movement dice please bring them.
Does anyone have any Spanish Engineers or something that would double.
Two feet of barricades have been covered by Adrian and Bob.
Spanish type civilians if you have them.
I am sure there is more but that will do for now. Yours aye, Charles
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Peninsular Update 5 June 08

Post by obriendavid » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:37 pm

charge0.wanadoo.co.uk wrote:Gentlemen, Time for another update. There are as you know three battlefields and therefore six commands plus subordinates.
And for the French:
o Marshal Soult (Dave O'Brian)
I Yours aye, Charles
Me being a Frog again! My German relations will be turning in their graves :wink:

At least I have two of the umpries on my side.

Cheers
Dave
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:36 pm

Charles, I have a full Hovels Spanish town if you want it

Peter
Peter

charge0.wanadoo.co.uk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Hovels

Post by charge0.wanadoo.co.uk » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:21 pm

Yes please Peter. Thank you.
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:01 pm

My brother Andrew now has all of my fuigures and the Spanish town for the game.

Sorry I won't be with you all. Have a great weekend.

Peter
Peter

charge0.wanadoo.co.uk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Have a good holiday

Post by charge0.wanadoo.co.uk » Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:18 pm

Dear Peter, Have a really good holiday and thank you for all you help and support. At least one of your armies should win!! We will miss you. Yours aye, Charles