'WITNESS TO REBELLION'

A Forum location for posts by members of the League and any other Visitors or Forum members who wish to post items and questions about our games and activities.
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

'WITNESS TO REBELLION'

Post by Blucher » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:38 pm

Fellow Gents

Without turning 'our message forum' into EBAY (and its the first and last time i'll enquire like this through the site) but I wonder if I could 'pick the brains' of you, my 'Northern Cousins'. I'm getting ready for a 'clear out' of wargaming odds and ends (for sale at Falkirk in May). I was thinking of getting rid of some books and have started to 'pack them' for the trip. Anyway................I've just received the latest Caliver Books email and 'top of the list' was a book I had in 'the pile to go'. I thought it might be 'popular' up your neck of the woods!

'Witness to Rebellion'. John Maclean's Journal of the 'FORTY FIVE' and the Penicuik Drawings.

With me being (practically), English Gentry, this book does not mean a great deal to me (sorry!). However, Dave at Caliver is selling this (second hand) copy for £100. Does anyone know if this is a realistic price, is it rare, out of print etc. My copy is MINT and never been read! If the answer is YES to the aforementioned queries and if any of you have a desire to 'own this book' then i'm open to offers! As fellow 'Gentlemen' I would not wish any of you to pay anything like the 'market price' if its for your own 'library'.

Please let me know.

Blucher
kutusov
Captain
Captain

Post by kutusov » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:44 pm

Try Abe books on the internet

search their site using the title & ISBN and you'll get an idea of the prices a variety of book dealers are selling it for.

Hope this helps

kutusov
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Blucher » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:38 pm

Many thanks KUTUSOV.

The only other copy I could find for sale 'WORLDWIDE' is at Amazon....and they want £147 for their 2nd hand copy!

It seems it is quite rare?!

Blucher
kutusov
Captain
Captain

Post by kutusov » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:53 pm

You are welcome

I suppose that means you're not going to sell it to me for a tenner :lol:
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:38 am