Carronade

A Forum location for posts by members of the League and any other Visitors or Forum members who wish to post items and questions about our games and activities.
charge0.wanadoo.co.uk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Carronade

Post by charge0.wanadoo.co.uk » Mon May 12, 2008 5:07 am

Well done to all the "Gentlemen" at Carronade at Falkirk on Saturday. It was great to see part of Ligny set out and the "gentlemen" actively engaged with the public in explaining all about the terrain, figures, game rules etc. I can say all this as I was not involved but skulking around the Kirriemiur game (not contributing very much). For those not present I should also explain that the outcome was that the Gentlemen won the best demo game, and there were some good ones, and a silver cup which we should have on parade in June. It was good to see you all - well done.

For those who did not see Adrian on the flea market stall you will not know what a gifted Dell boy we have - he could sell anything and did (including my unwanted 15mm GNW figures - thank you Adrian).

All in all a great day and really good to see you all.
Yours aye, Charles
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Mon May 04, 2009 8:36 pm

Which guys are going to be able to get to the show this year?

Colin and myself will be there, we were supposed to be putting on a display with Bill but his wife was rushed into hospital last wednesday and fortunately she seems to be OK but they are still doing tests so I'm not sure if he will be there so our display might have to change.

Hope to see you all soon.
Cheers
Dave
Last edited by obriendavid on Tue May 05, 2009 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Tue May 05, 2009 8:46 am

Kevin and I will be there from the Iron Brigade. Is anyone taking a table at the B&B ?
Peter

"The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky"
Churchill
General
General

Cannonade 2009

Post by Churchill » Tue May 05, 2009 5:04 pm

Hi Dave & Peter,

I will be attending Cannonade again this year and I'm looking forward to seeing Barry's Napoleonic Demo as this will be the first time of seeing R2E in action and see if I can use them for my "Waterloo Project".
I'm also up for the painting competition with a 15mm Napoleonic Diorama and one of my 28mm Marlburian Regiment's.

See you all there............Ray.
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Wed May 06, 2009 11:26 am

Ray, I think Barry is putting on his Victrix game, the same one he had at Salute but if you have any questions about R2E we will be happy to answer them. I will be helping some mates putting on a refight of the Battle of Dreux. Come and say hello.

Cheers
Dave
Churchill
General
General

Cannonade 2009

Post by Churchill » Wed May 06, 2009 2:01 pm

Hi Dave,

Thank you for sheading some light on Barry's Napoleonic Game, I'm just going to have to wait like everyone else for R2E, but it will be interesting to see how the Victrix rules work out also.I'm looking for a fast and fun set of rules for my Waterloo Project and if BLB is anything to go by then R2E will be right up my street.....
Yes I'll be over to say hello as it's always good to put names to faces.

Best Wishes.....Ray.