Anyone interested in this?

A Forum location for posts by members of the League and any other Visitors or Forum members who wish to post items and questions about our games and activities.
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Anyone interested in this?

Post by obriendavid » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:52 pm

http://www.highamhall.com/HistoryCourses.asp

27 March 2009 - 29 March 2009

THE PENINSULAR WAR - 1809 Ref: H867
Ian Fletcher and Julian Spilsbury will be the principal speakers. Organised in co-operation with the Association of Friends of the Waterloo Committee.

2009 is the 200th anniversary of the second year of the Peninsular War against Napoleon. It was the year when Wellington finally took control of the armies in the Peninsula. We will be studying his approach to warfare in Portugal and Spain, especially the Battle of Talavera. Napoleon’s progress towards his downfall will also be studied at the battles of Aspern-Essling in May 1809 when he was defeated by Austria and the battle of Wagram where Napoleon took his revenge on Austria.

Residential: £170.00
Non-residential: £115.00

In the blurb that came with the catalogue it also mentioned having a wargame on the Saturday. The house is lovely, good food and a bar that stays open as long as we want. Depending on who's interested we might have to warn them to get more Highland Park.

Cheers
Dave
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:30 pm

I should have added that obviously this course isn't just open to the LOGW and knowing that the place normally has two other courses running over the same weekend you will need to think soon about booking a place and accomodation.

I should also state that I am not involved with them, I only attend courses there.

Cheers
Dave