MARCH 2009 FROM DALE SMITH

A Forum location for posts by members of the League and any other Visitors or Forum members who wish to post items and questions about our games and activities.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

MARCH 2009 FROM DALE SMITH

Post by barr7430 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:18 am

Glynn from the Airlie Hotel has this evening confirmed that the re-opening has been delayed to 17th April. We therefore have to fall back to plan B which is to use the Guide Halls and have our meals elsewhere. I’ll be in the company of the Guides Commissioner tomorrow evening at a Burns Supper and will confirm our booking arrangements with her. The van has been booked and we have the Airlie tables in hand.

Our June booking has been confirmed.

Cheers Dale
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:45 am

Well at least that makes the set up and take down easier but does that mean we have access to the Guide halls all weekend ?

It the Airlie open for meals or accomodation or closed for all busienss ?
Peter

"The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky"
kingsleypark
Private
Private

Post by kingsleypark » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:24 pm

I understand from Dale that the Airlie will not be open at all for any business until the middle of April so no joy with meals or accommodation.

I think Dale will check out the availability of B & B's in Kirrie for those travelling from afar.

As mentioned in previous post I have a spare room and would be more than happy to put someone up for the weekend
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:50 am

I see work continuing apace now at the Airlie, too bad for the March Game, but at least we can look forward to a better venue in June. The electrics seem to have been the cause of the fire, not that we needed to tell them that the lighting situation was dodgy to say the least. That should be an improvement, not to mention the general decor etc etc. :D

As to March, (Barry) what requirements do we anticipate for tables, terrain and tiles

Thinredline
"There is no retreat from here, men," Campbell told them as he rode down the line, "you must die where you stand."
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:42 pm

Timely reminder thanks Bob me old pal :wink:
I have been disappearing under a welter f work and projects recently but have not forgotten my obligations to the LoGW! :D
I will revert accordingly soon.... suffice it to say for now:

two set ups

Day 1; will be either Normandy or Holland 44
Day 2: an eastern German city scape which will require a large number of buildings and ruins....

Look out yer Hovels gentlemen 8)
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:47 pm

Will you want all of my buildings we used the last time Barry? at least for the first day.

Cheers
Dave