17th/18th MARCH 2012 - WILD WEST

A Forum location for posts by members of the League and any other Visitors or Forum members who wish to post items and questions about our games and activities.
Dale
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

17th/18th MARCH 2012 - WILD WEST

Post by Dale » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:31 am

Colin and Peter N are sorting out a weekend of gunslinging, pistol whipping and other Wild West pleasantries.

The round robin of paired games worked well some years ago but we'll have to wait and see what the organisers have in store for us.
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Re: 17th/18th MARCH 2012 - WILD WEST

Post by sharnydubs » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:36 am

Do we want to run this game at Kirriemuir again or do we wnat a change of venue or even back to Stonehaven?
Peter

"The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky"
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:55 pm

Peter, if you are talking about supplying lots of buildings for the games then perhaps it would be better having this in Stoney to save you the trouble of transporting them to Kirrie with the threat of damage during the move?
Cheers
Dave
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:23 pm

If these are the dates we agreed on then I have just realised I won't be able to make that weekend as I'm already booked for a charity event. :cry:
Cheers
Dave
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:51 pm

I am personally flexible on the dates. This will not be in Stonehaven as the Heugh Hotel is up for sale and subject to planning permisiion will be sold as a Private house. So It looks like we are back in Kirriemuir.

Always best if the date can accomodate as many of our regulars as possible.
Peter

Dale
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Dale » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:33 pm

Yes Dave, these are the dates we agreed. All of the 2012 dates were booked some time ago and posted shortly after that.
TigerLili
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by TigerLili » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:29 am

Very sorry to hear that you will not be able to make the Wild West Weekend Dave. I hope everyone else will still be available.

March 17th/18th will come around all too quickly and it is never too soon to start thinking about it. I will send out all the Basic Stats, etc. after Christmas to let you consider what sort of gang/posse you would like to use. The format will probably be similar to last time with one-to-one games on a league basis over a variety of 6 x 4 tables on the Saturday followed by a large game on the Sunday. Legends of the West rules.

If anyone is wondering what to buy you as a stocking filler, try to get hold of a copy of Deadwood. This is the ideal series to get you in the Wild West mood. Even at one episode per week it will last well beyond March. Violent and foul-mouthed, so not suitable for children or sensitive partners!
Failing that, try some of the classics - High Noon, Shane, Red River, etc.

All suggestions regarding the format, tables, etc are welcome.

BTW, can I attach an Excel file to a post - if so I could post the Basic Stats on here?
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:40 am

All quiet on the LOGW pages for our next weekend. Just thought I would post something to say if anyone needs figures for their posse let me know as I can probably help.
My car will be full of Old West real estate so hopefully it will be another highly visual weekend. With Barry and Dave O not available can someone else commit to taking photos of the games?
Peter

obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:41 pm

Colin and myself were just discussing the weekend last night and all his organisation seems to be sorted out but he has been waiting for final confirmations from a number of others to confirm that they are attending.
Just sorry I'm going to miss the fun and getting together with the 'Gents '.
Cheers
Dave
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:58 am

I discovered the Knuckleduster range of figures so have been painting up a few of these for our game. They are mostly bystanders, saloon occupants, horses at the hitching rail and other stuff that is totally unnecessary for our game but will add some visuals. And then I found a box with about forty figures I must have primed and based for our game four or five years agao but never finished! I have too much stuff and need a clerarout. When will I ever learn. And that's not to mention the Dixon train and carriages I have sitting in a box waiting for some attention.

I am looking forward to our weekend. A great break from the rigours of work.
Peter

Dale
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Dale » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:55 pm

Gentlemen, can we assemble at the hall at 7.00pm for what should be a relatively quick setup. Peter, are you able to get down then or later?

All guns to be left at the door, knives too, unless you're plannin' on shavin', or if you've got beans to eat or warts to cut or ...........
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:48 pm

Howdy pardners,
I will be there for 7pm. Set up shouldn't take too long once the tables are all out.
Peter

thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:53 pm

I hope to make it by 18.00hrs - but will need "refreshments" after the drive down - that is "solids".
These can be preceded, and of course, consumed in conjunction with, and followed by copious amounts of liquids, preferably containing a high volume of alcohol :wink:

Bad - Bob
"There is no retreat from here, men," Campbell told them as he rode down the line, "you must die where you stand."
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Blucher » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:07 pm

Me
......heap big looking forward to drinking Firewater this weekend...,

....meet up with PaleSkins....in 'FireWater Tee-Pee'... when Father Sun sleeps....?

HOW!!!

Chief Running Scared
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:38 pm

Blucher wrote:Me
......heap big looking forward to drinking Firewater this weekend...,
....meet up with PaleSkins....in 'FireWater Tee-Pee'... when Father Sun sleeps....?
Chief Running Scared
Don't drink too much FireWater and forget to take away all my figures for the Derby weekend.
Have a great weekend guys!
Cheers
Dave