16th/17th March 2013 Back of Beyond

A Forum location for posts by members of the League and any other Visitors or Forum members who wish to post items and questions about our games and activities.
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: 16th/17th March 2013 Back of Beyond

Post by obriendavid » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:38 pm

sharnydubs wrote:Now Barry we are getting a wee bit cheeky!
Maybe not a flying saucer but an air balloon might be a good idea!
Peter
This is a Colin organised game so I wouldn't joke about flying saucers and who said that air balloons wouldn't be taking part?
Cheers
Dave
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:24 am

When are we getting around to the Nazi Zombie stuff... you all know I love that kind of thing :lol:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:12 pm

The way I have been painting faces recently many of my figures look like zombies.

I am also getting my flock of killer penguins ready. Oh , and the Penguin cam.
Peter

"The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky"
General Schnapps
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by General Schnapps » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:10 pm

Guys, Do I need to bring any terrain boards with me or are we ok.
Kev
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:54 pm

I think we are ok with the terrain boards that are stored at the hall especially as we will be using a number of Bob's coastline boards and see tiles. Colin has the final table plan so I'll check with him the exact number we need and if we need more I'll get back to you.
Cheers
Dave
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:07 am

Kev, just checked the number of boards needed on my plan and it works out at 44 in total which also includes Bob's sea and coast boards. It's not going to be one of our largest layouts but this means there will be plenty of action from move one as everyone will be starting out close together.
Cheers
Dave
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:37 pm

Well what a great weekend gaming and being treated to a master class in duplicity from the dastardly duo Hilton-Howe. :shock:

My poor old peace loving Chinese eventually managed to hang onto their property despite being attacked on all sides from The Mad Barry, 'pinky' Bobs Reds, 'nippy' Bobs Japanese, The Army of God and also the Basmachis, the only reason I survived was due to some timely intervention from the Whites who came charging in and destroyed the Reds and Japanese mercenary Tibetans.

The gaming was spread over five 8x6 tables, bigger than we originally intended but we found the extra space was needed even if it was only to try and find some space to attempt to hide from all the aircraft that was chewing up units. There were 14 factions taking part in the weekend mayhem.

The weekend ended up in an all time low when Mad Baron Hilton gunned down in a cowardly fashion a delegation of unarmed Buddist monks :shock: despite his desperate attempts to deny the truth fortunately the Dai Li Sun was there to record the truth plus Morian Cooper, the American photographer was on hand to record the heinous crime.
Cheers
Dave
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:24 pm

Forgot to mention the highlight of the weekend which was when Angus (Turkish commander) sold a merchant ship to Adrian (Czech Legion) so that his prisoners could eventually make their way home, the only slight problem was that Angus had already sold the ship earlier to someone else. The look on Adrian's face when he found out that the arch double crosser had been double crossed was priceless :lol:
Cheers
Dave
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:15 am

Well I am a touch surpised at the language used by Dave. I adopted a policy of passivity, helpfulness, openness and honesty with regard to dealing with all factions. I was involved in hostilities with a single faction.. Dave's Chinese Chaing Kai Shek? forces whom I openly declared war on in turn 1. Aside from a murderous attack by Roland(Rat) the amoral Czech (more on him later) my doings were 100% cooperative. I worked hand in hand with the Japanese of Toggy Bob(who clearly had not yet developed their Pearl Harbor tendencies), the rather easy to deal with Americans of Steve Rimmer, the Pinko Chinese of Bob Lauder who although displaying many of the suspicions of outsiders characteristic of that race, seemed extremely relieved to find I was a man of my word throughout. The unfathomable Baluchi? and Army of God factions were not difficult to deal with just rather difficult to understand what they were actually doing for 2 days as it appeared to be not much. The White Russians who allegedly murdered the Czar and their buddies who spent the weekend hunting around amongst obelisks where surprisingly easy customers, er I mean friends to work with and I took immense pleasure from our mutually beneficial financial transactions. I found the British Empire rather aloof, withdrawn and suspicious. I heard rumours of their cruelty to animals and general distrust of Johnny Foreigner. My dealings with them were extremely limited. The Turks I found rather decadent, concentrating on food, s e x and dubious maritime insurance fraud. I would characterise the Hollywood adventurers as drug adled ner'do'wells of whom I have scant knowledge and suspect their activities were some kind of world p o r n o g r a p h y quest on behalf of an underground film making concern. As for rumours of my repeated complicity in moving the Mad Monk Rasputin from location to location across western Russia, these are totally false. He was always where I said he was and why various Russian factions both White and Red should have thought otherwise I have no idea. Kai Shek's Chinese can be summed up in 2 words... Stubborn and Silly. They saw conspiracy around every corner, serially failed to recognize a good commercial chance when placed under their nose and made the fatal mistake of letting emotion get in the way of a straight financial opportunity. That is NO way to fight a war.

I leave the last word for a man who has truly plummed the depths of dark depravity. He has become a parody of himself. Trawling around Asia on a gaudily painted train and rolling into each town like a 3rd rate circus act. Despite spending an entire weekend stabbing people in the back, breaking deals and murdering innocents, he ended up destitute, friendless, humiliated and stranded in the arse end of the world without a paddle for the canoe which he had just bought from someone who didn't own it and had sunk before his disbelieving eyes. That someone could have been smarter and more cunning than he had never crossed his mind! As ye sow, shall ye reap :wink:

As for any rumours of... inaccurate promisary notes, murder of monks, double payments from the bank, espionage regarding secret government papers held by other players, false clues, rumours of non existent attacks and alliances, clandenstine coffee meetings in the kitchen of the Guide Hall, robbery of cash, falsification of documentation, misplacing of information, hooky card shuffling and generally non gentlemanly behaviour, I take extreme exception to such and will demand satisfaction from anyone peddling such filth at the first opportunity.
To all my friends across the world may I say, it was a pleasure to have done you.

The Baron

Henry Ford
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:18 am

Oh, and could someone post up some pix please.. I was a bit of a slacker and didn't take my camera! :oops:

Henry Ford
Charles Grant

Post by Charles Grant » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:50 am

What a great weekend! Huge thanks to Colin and Dave for laying on a really great game with many a twist and turn. Thank you to Dale too for your hospitality on Friday night. So many high points and fun moments - too many to mention..but.. the very best must be the Dell Boy boat dealer - so good to see Adrian double crossed - and in style - and at a cost! Never buy a boat from an Orcadian!
Oh yes, and the Zeplin crew - now that's what I call Lead Zeplin!
Thank you all for your excellent company.
General Ironside
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:40 pm

barr7430 wrote: As for any rumours of... inaccurate promisary notes, murder of monks, double payments from the bank, espionage regarding secret government papers held by other players, false clues, rumours of non existent attacks and alliances, clandenstine coffee meetings in the kitchen of the Guide Hall, robbery of cash, falsification of documentation, misplacing of information, hooky card shuffling and generally non gentlemanly behaviour, I take extreme exception to such and will demand satisfaction from anyone peddling such filth at the first opportunity.
The Baron
The ramblings of a clearly Mad Man! :roll: :roll: :roll:
Cheers
Dave
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:19 pm

Mad :twisted: quite possibly

Richer than everyone else :lol: most definitely

Fortune amassed ethically :D of course

Conscience clean :D undoubtedly

I would say that in geopolitical terms the Baron's Star was in the ascendency whilst the tarnished reputations of most other Totalitarian
Despots and the so called, Imperial West lay somewhere in the Manchurian dust.

I mean, Mr Kai Shek or whatever your name is... sending out a bunch of monks carrying guns and explosives in a sort of saffron coloured human shield was a pretty desperate ploy, particularly as you had called the newspapers just before they attacked my innocent tank which was refuelling at the side of the road. Cack handed buffoonery I call it.

Incidentally, I had converted to Kaballah just before the Monks died at your behest... you cynic

Henry Ford
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:18 pm

barr7430 wrote:Mad :twisted: quite possibly
DEFINITELY!!!

sending out a bunch of monks carrying guns and explosives in a sort of saffron coloured human shield was a pretty desperate ploy, particularly as you had called the newspapers just before they attacked my innocent tank which was refuelling at the side of the road. Cack handed buffoonery I call it.
The truth will out!
Everyone knows the camera never lies and when the Dai-Li Sun produces some photos everyone will see your evil and twisted duplicity for what it is. :wink:
Cheers
Dave
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:23 pm

Who have you hired to do the photoshopping? Piers Morgan or Tony Blair?

Henry Ford