PIRATE GAME

A Forum location for posts by members of the League and any other Visitors or Forum members who wish to post items and questions about our games and activities.
charge0.wanadoo.co.uk
Sergeant
Sergeant

PIRATE GAME

Post by charge0.wanadoo.co.uk » Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:58 pm

Peter, Waterloo was fantastic. :D Please count me in for the Pirate Game. Charles
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:14 am

Charles, is that your articles in Battlegames on Pirates this month ?

Peter
Peter

"The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky"
charge0.wanadoo.co.uk
Sergeant
Sergeant

PIRATE SCENARIO - BATTLEGAMES

Post by charge0.wanadoo.co.uk » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:44 am

Dear Peter, Yes - it is mine although you are one step ahead of me as I do not have my copy yet. I have been doing the Table Top Teasers since the magazine started. Henry Hyde, the editor, wanted something on the lighter side for Chistmas. I resurrected this one from my first Scenarios book published in 1981. The Ship has now gone, sold at Skelp some years ago, as have most of the pirates. However, the "Willie" French and British and the Foundry natives are still very much a part of my collection and, as I said, they await the opportunity for an island hopping campiagn -Shades of Haite, the Carribean etc. which is one my to do list.

While I am writting, Can you tell me if there is a hotel in Stonehaven where the others are likely to stay in March. yours aye, Charles
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:26 pm

Yes , it's the Heugh Hotel . They have rooms available and will discount for our party. Contact Kevin and tell him you're coming for the wargames weekend. 01569-762379

We will have the private dining room for Saturday lunch and dinner and the Private snug bar for Sunday lunch.

see the other email trail re Pirates

peter
Peter

charge0.wanadoo.co.uk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by charge0.wanadoo.co.uk » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:37 pm

Peter, Many thanks - I have booked in for the Saturday night. Yours aye, Charles
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:14 pm

Peter,

Look at using coastal tiles to form some of the islands. These are ready made and I believe Colin has some, as does yours truly. They could provide easy to assemble bases fo "burying treasure" and distilling some sugar - "into RUM, lad :lol: :lol: :lol: "

Lord Roberts
"There is no retreat from here, men," Campbell told them as he rode down the line, "you must die where you stand."
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:02 pm

Bob , so far barry and kevin have agreed to make islands for the game. At the moment the plans are to paint some of the 8' x 4' boards to use for the open sea. That then just leaves the ports and these will either be coastal tiles or scratch built.

Peter
Peter

Angus Konstam
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Angus Konstam » Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:40 pm

Gentlemen,

Thank you all for the invitation to join you in Stonehaven for the LOGW pirate shindig. I'd love to come, and I plan to bring along a couple of pirate ships (well, a ship and a brig to be pedantic), filled to the gunwales with the scum of the seas. Long may yer swashes buckle.

Black Angus
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:24 pm

Could it be :?: :?:
A fellow wargamer, knowlegable in the differences between sloops, brigs and men 'o' war :shock: :shock: :shock:
Forgive my sarcasm Angus, but this lot still dinny ken the difference between a "ship an a "boat" :roll: :roll:
Looking forward to meeting you :D :D

Thinredline
aka "Kellerman"
aka "Lord Roberts"

PS, IF MY LADS DON'T SEE TO "EM" (Pirates, Frogs, and Spaniards) WI POWDER AND SHOT, OR COLD STEEL, WE HAVE PLENTY OF ROPE AND YARDS TO HANG 'EM FROM -HAUL AWAY JACK :twisted: :twisted:
"There is no retreat from here, men," Campbell told them as he rode down the line, "you must die where you stand."
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:42 pm

I can never remember which is the sharp end and which is the round end. :oops:
Is the Port the same as the front and the starboard the place were important people sleep? What about the Head, is that the top of the mast?
What is a pope deck? where the sailors say mass?

L. Lubber.
Switzerland :wink:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:44 pm

Port is for drinking or quaffing to be more precise after the game !

Aye , ye can forget yer historical realities and nautical correctness, this be a Pirate game with fun as the main ingredient.

Peter
Peter

thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:00 am

Unless these "Pirates" are sailing under a "marque" from his Gracious Majesty King George then they shall soon all be " dead Pirates" :evil:
(even if His Gracious Majesties Navy have to ally themselves with the Frogs or Spaniards) :shock:

Lord Roberts
Angus Konstam
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Nautical jargon

Post by Angus Konstam » Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:29 pm

Gentlemen,

During my time in Her Majesty's Navy we were taught that while knowing the difference between Port and Starboard is handy, not knowing which way to pass the port is unforgivable. As long as you get that right, and can drink pink gins with abandon, then using terms like the sharp end and the blunt end are entirely in keeping with the spirit of the Senior Service.

for all the timber-shiverin' rest, I refer you to: www.talklikeapirate.com/piratehome

Black Angus
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:44 pm

I,m feeling seasick already :cry:

Schnapps
ps is the poop deck what I think it is? :|
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:00 pm

And as all good landlubbers, my dear Colonel
when you come up on deck to puke,
you will probably stick your nose into the wind,
and when you vomit,
it will spray itself back in yer face. :roll:

Get to the leeward side of the ship - before you puke :wink:

Compliments of the season to you and yours Kevin :D :D
Bob