JUNE 2007

A Forum location for posts by members of the League and any other Visitors or Forum members who wish to post items and questions about our games and activities.
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Mon May 28, 2007 8:23 am

Barry , do you know what terrain boards you will need for the game ?

Peter
Peter

"The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky"
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon May 28, 2007 9:35 am

Guys, sorry for the radio silence on June :oops: I have had a lot on my plate recently but with Partizan finally out of the way(yesterday) I will get into gear and tell you what we need for the game.

Here is a quick overview:(precise detail to follow so that each person can organise personal contributions)

In total 73 boards on two tables
1. Beach 12 x 8 feet (with walk ins) - 25 boards
2. Hinterland: 14 x 14 feet(with pop ups) - 48 boards

Most toys from EK with contributions from Dale,Kev,Andy T, Martin Terroni, Peter McCarroll.

Day 1 in 15mm using FLAMES OF WAR
Day 2 in 28mm using DISPOSABLE HEROES

Need Lots of Hedges, & Trees. 15mm or 20mm buildings will also be useful.

cheers

B
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:13 am

Thanks Barry and Gary for organising and umpiring a great two games this weekend.Although I wans't able to stay beyond lunchtime on Sunday I thoroughly enjoyed getting my Tigers into action to make up for my disastrous defensive command along Sword beach on Saturday. First time for me with FOW. The game looked very impressive and flowed pretty quickly. It was good to see see so many landing craft on the table. But oh for some opportunity fire !

The two tables was a good concept, worked well and gave us some space to move about. It was slightly strange moving onto the monstrous 28mm figures after a day with the little 15mm stuff. Laser pointer certainly removed the quibbles about line of sight/

Thanks again , it was much appreciated

Peter
Peter

"The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky"
martin terroni
Captain
Captain

Post by martin terroni » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:39 pm

Glad to see the photo's on Angus's website, I recognise some of the armour in the photos. If anyone is interested Corgi are having a sale at the moment, you can pick up a sherman for £8! Can't knock that, unless its with a 88 :lol:

Cheers Mr T
"There's no booze, there's no broads, there's no action!