The raising of the Saxon Army 1810-1813

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
Anonymous

The raising of the Saxon Army 1810-1813

Post by Anonymous » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:53 pm

Gentlemen,

after long discussions with an english manufacturer he finally starts with making figures for the Saxon Army 1810-1813. He sculpts them after my guidlines as a half comission with all rights to market them afterwards.

My part in this adventure will be to give the uniform details, to decide the pose they should have and to pay for making the moulds.

The figures come as 28mm, they will be sculpted, with his kind permission, after the Brigade-Uniformplates of Dr. Peter Bunde.

In contrast to Calpe they will come in paradedress style uniforms.

Sculpting starts in Nov.2010 with the Line Infantry to be followed by the Light Infantry 2011.

Thats all for now.
All comments are welcome.

Cheers

Günter
Greystreak
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Greystreak » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:48 am

Congratulations, Günter! A lot of people have been waiting for this line to be released for a very long time!
Bryce
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:50 am

Hey Gunter!

do you realise what you have done :shock:

You have entered the dark commercial caves of wargaming... a labyrinth of intrigue, espionage and financial hardship!

Welcome :lol:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
msk
Corporal
Corporal

Post by msk » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:34 pm

Well that's intruiging news, Günter. I look forward to more details as they emerge.
Martin Kelly
Befreiungskriege 1813-14
http://befreiungskriege.wordpress.com/
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:17 pm

Another range of 28mm figures for the Napoleonic Wars is always welcome especially if they address some of the may gaps that exist in other ranges.

The Calpe range of Saxons will be excellent I am sure if they ever get finished. I am personally waiting for the cavalry. There are really no suitable figures on the market at the moment to represent the Zastrow Cuirassiers or other Saxon cavalry at Borodino. Shame really with the 200th anniversary coming up in 2012.

I would also like to see some Swedish infantry for those of us who would like to refight the Swedish / Finnish conflicts.

I look forward to seeing your new range Gunther.
Peter

"The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky"
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:08 pm

sharnydubs wrote:Another range of 28mm figures for the Napoleonic Wars is always welcome especially if they address some of the may gaps that exist in other ranges.
I would also like to see some Swedish infantry for those of us who would like to refight the Swedish / Finnish conflicts.
Can't agree more Peter, I would love to refight some of the battles from the Russo-Swedish war.

Cheers
Dave
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:58 am

msk wrote:Well that's intruiging news, Günter. I look forward to more details as they emerge.
Further details:

The first figures will comprise initially 1 x musketeer marching, 1 x grenadier marching, 1 x drummer, 1 x standard bearer and 1 x officer on foot in marching or advancing pose. What we will do is make the grenadier command first. Then we will make alterations to them to convert them into musketeer command and then re-mould the conversions.

The reason for doing this is because the difference between musketeer and grenadier are that grenadiers have tall plumes on the shako while musketeer officiers have only a small plume that looks like an exploding grenade.

Further details to follow.

Thanks for your comments

Günter
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:57 pm

Gentlemen,

A short update about the work in progress.

This week the mouldmaking starts for the first 4 Infantry figures which are a Musketeer, Musketeer drummer, Grenadier officer and a Grenadier drummer. The Grenadier officer can then be converted into a musketeer officer once the mould is made. Also we have chosen to include a sapper into the Linetroops.

More news as they arrive.

All comments are welcome

Günter
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:43 pm

Looking forward to seeing the models Gunter!! 8)

Henry Ford
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:28 am

Gentlemen,

Here are the first pics of the New Saxon Army Models, they are as following

A Grenadier Sapper, Officier and Trooper

A Musketeer Trooper, Officier and Drummer

Not shown but finished too are a Musketeer Sapper and a Grenadier Drummer.

Until Christmas a standard bearer will be ready too. Production starts in January 2011.

All comments are welcome

Günter
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:10 pm

These look nice Gunter!
Are you going to post some size comparison pics with say, Foundry, Perry and Victrix figures?
Cheers
Dave
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:40 pm

obriendavid wrote:These look nice Gunter!
Are you going to post some size comparison pics with say, Foundry, Perry and Victrix figures?
Cheers
Dave
Yes Dave I intend to do so as soon as have some Minis at hand :P
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:55 pm

Hi,

To those interested I have here the sculpting plans for 2011:

The talkings have allready been started for what to follow the Line Infantry. Currently we discuss the possibilities to do the Garde du Corps, the Zastrov-Kürassiere /Leib-Kürassiere Garde.

Later in 2011 the Light Infantry/Jäger and finaly the Chevauleger/Horse Artillery and the Foot Artillery. The Hussars maybe somewhere between.

If all runs well games in 2012 may have some fine additions on the table such as,i.e., the best cavalry in europe :wink:

Regards

Günter
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:20 pm

Gunter did you move to Austria from your home in Saxony?

Reards

Barry :wink:

Henry Ford
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:17 pm

barr7430 wrote:Gunter did you move to Austria from your home in Saxony?

Reards

Barry :wink:
Hi Barry,

From a certain point of view you are right :D

My father was born in Dresden, Saxony, and It was my obligation to raise this Army to honor the old man.

Günter