15mm

Any questions relating to Beneath the Lily Banners rule system.
markdo
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

15mm

Post by markdo » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:48 pm

Hello everybody. May I say thank you first of all to Barry, Ian and Paul for taking time to answer my questions at Claymore.
I found it most useful to observe a game in action, too.

I've begun to assemble a 15mm army for the Duke of Monmouth. Would I be right in assuming that men with scythes and other improvised weapons ought to be interspersed between the pikemen and musketeers? (I intend not to have pikemen separately). Is there a suggested DRM for an army like this which has a smaller proportion of musketeers in ranged combat?

Finally, should I keep all movement/firing ranges the same,just changing the base sizes for 15mm?

Many thanks,

Mark
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 15mm

Post by barr7430 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:44 pm

Mark,

just change inches to centimetres for the 15mm adaption. Easiest way and you should find little to challenge the logic.

As for the Monmouth Rebellion. I would treat some of the Rebel Regiments as Tirbal infantry for firing and combat purposes but leave the movement at regular Foot rates. These were peasant/artisan/farmer volunteers led by regular or gentleman officers. The tribal infantry treatment would reflect their poor fire capability, morale quality and chosen combat mode.. ie close combat. They are however, not 'born' warriors like Turkish or Moorish tribesmen or Highland clansmen.

They should have a sportsman's chance of a win but let's face it, they were a rabble faced by a competently trained and officered but small regular force. They didn;t win historically so they cannot be turned into an army of Conans.
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Dilly
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by Dilly » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:20 pm

Mark
May I suggest you check out my website for pics of different manufactures, if you have any specific questions bases sizes, flags ect I will gladly help, good luck in your project

Wayne
markdo
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by markdo » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:20 pm

Thanks very much for the offer, Tilly. Your figures are very impressive.

I've just received the figures and have tinkered with 2 base sizes: 35x30 and 30x25mm. I got both because I just wasn't sure that the chaps would fit on nicely. I can get three abreast on the 25mm base but think they look a tad cramped.

Mark
Dilly
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by Dilly » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:47 am

Hi,
Mine are based on metal bases, accurately cut only 1mm thick and with sticky back magnetic sheets in the boxes, nice and safe, the're from http://pwsltd.webs.com/,
I use 30mmx30mm for infantry, 40x30 for cavalry and 40mm sq ones for artillery. hope this helps
markdo
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by markdo » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:03 am

Hello Dilly,
Metal bases is an interesting idea. I've used wooden bases till now but they are 2mm thick and that would really stick out with 15mm figures. I've emailed Precision re prices.
:oops: Sorry I misread your name, BTW, I was setting up Campaigns of Marlborough at the time and it has a similarly named general.

Mark