Norwegian Coat Colours

A section devoted to questions and answers for this period.
nick the greek
Private First Class
Private First Class

Norwegian Coat Colours

Post by nick the greek » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:42 pm

Good evening,

I've been bitten by the Ebor WSS range and thought I wouldn't mind knocking out a brigade.
Can anybody tell me what uniform colours were worn during this period, and did they wear the Danish double buttoned coats?Will the current range of figures from Ebor be okay for Norway?
I'd prefer a colorful mix of regiments if possible.
Clibinarium
Major
Major

Re: Norwegian Coat Colours

Post by Clibinarium » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:54 pm

[I posted this over at TMP too, but thought it might be a useful link to have here]

Although Dan Schorr's excellent "Northern Wars" site is sadly defunct, I was surprised to find that using the Wayback Machine, much of the site can be accessed. Dan ocassionally contributes here too.

And you'll be happy to know the Pdf on the Norwegian army contains everything you'll want to know;
PDF link

Save it; it might not be there forever!
danschorr
Major
Major

Post by danschorr » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:57 pm

Thanks Clibinarium. I'm amazed that there is anyone interested in the Norwegian army of the period. A word of caution, on a number of the plates the blue has a purplish tinge. This should be plain blue. I apologize. I am not certain why this occured. If anyone has any specific questions, they can drop me a line.

Dan
nick the greek
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by nick the greek » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:24 pm

Thank you for the prompt replies.

I was looking at the Norwegians as a nod to a part of my lineage. But reviewing the uniform guides, I might be best to wait for Ebor to produce some Northern troops as the Kabuds are quite unique.

With that in mind I might change my theatre and go for William II even though I would like an army with varied coat colours, as red alone can be somewhat painful.

Any suggestions of an army (prefer Catholics) that would utilise the Ebor range?
Dfogleman2
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Dfogleman2 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:37 pm

Any suggestions of an army (prefer Catholics) that would utilise the Ebor range?

Austria. Ebor has grendiers for them and you can use the generic infantry.

Piedmont.

Bavaria

Archbishopric of Cologne

And, of course, France.
nick the greek
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by nick the greek » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:16 am

After a bit of deliberation I decided to take a punt on Piedmont, plenty of colours variations. Just need to research the flags.
Did they group their Grenadiers together?