Where is WARFARE range going next?

Information related to WARFARE MINIATURES releases, future releases, range development, painting, figure usage, conversions
nick the greek
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Where is WARFARE range going next?

Post by nick the greek » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:49 am

After just finishing reading my copy of BLB2 (great read). There are two situations that I think would really justify a special Warfare set.
Firstly the cannon misfire, is a perfect opportunity to finally see a model of a destroyed gun & crew. That can either be used a misfire stand or added to a normal stand to produce that overun position.
The second is the captured colours, I think there is a real need for foot/mounted ensign to be more active defending the colours.
For example you could have a mounted figure, striking down with his sword or discharging a pistol point blank?
Do you think there is a market for these additional packs?

Nick
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:09 pm

Nick at the moment I am spending some of my holiday time working away on issues relating to Warfare and design. All ideas are welcome and strangely, I had just come up with a colour party idea which was not a million miles from what you have suggested but with a twist so keep the ideas coming and watch this space!
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
toggy
Major General
Major General

Post by toggy » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:41 pm

Like the idea of a dramatic colour party, how about another officer/musician pack with a wind musician included, some mounted casualties and some more general officers.

Bob
We are not retreating - we are advancing in another direction. Macarthur, Douglas
nick the greek
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by nick the greek » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:43 pm

Hi Barry

I think it's the vignettes that have always made the LOA armies standout.
Having half of one stand telling a bit of a story, and breaking up the monotony of painting the rank and file.
For the cavalry, horse and rider crashing to ground, dead horse and rider sprawled, rider trapped under dead horse trying to defend himself, dead horse and dismounted rider with sword and pistol in hand.

A mixed stand of troops in melee 50/50 from both sides, perhaps part of battalion that is des integrating from firing line.

Grenadier or line going over gabions or through a breach. Perhaps with them clambering or assisting their comrade. Musket slung, tossing grenades, or thrusting with swords.

Routing troops with worried faces, carrying weapons haphazardly.

Walking wounded, or casualties in a firing line that are falling or already on the ground with their muskets included.

Battlefield debris, hats, muskets, drums.....

Well there are a few ideas, hopefully some might stick?
Captain of Dragoons
Major General
Major General

Post by Captain of Dragoons » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:04 am

How about pikes for the pikemen and stands (50x50mm, 60x60?) for the figures. Perhaps part of the battalion packs.

Speaking of vignettes how about one of Col. Douglas saving the colours of Dumbarton's at Steenkirke.

cheers
Edward
Captain of Dragoons
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:43 pm

Edward,

that stuff will all be available soon. Already sourced just negotiating the final bits of the supply agreement.

Cheers

B

Henry Ford
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:56 pm

As is probably obvious, we have a host of new figures coming out over the next 5-6 weeks. 60 Cuirassier codes (probably in about 20 different pack combinations) will be closely followed by Dragoons, more cavalry officers and a couple of surprises which move us into new territory.

Clibinarium and I spoke at great length tonight about the way ahead which is, I am glad to say a sunny vista! 8)

Henry Ford
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:02 am

Maybe this is the wrong place to ask it but...about Command Figures:

In the era BlB(v2) I know only about 4 Rulers of involved countries who were in the field with their troops:
King William III, King Charles XII, King Augustus II and Tsar Peter the Great.
Wouldn't it be a possibility to do this Leaders as some special command packs? Eventualy with Retainers, Lifeguards and Colorbearers or Personal Standard bearers?

Just an idea :roll:
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.