Suisse Courten

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
nick the greek
Private First Class
Private First Class

Suisse Courten

Post by nick the greek » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:06 am

Evening,

Just thought I would post the test figure I have been working on this afternoon. I really enjoyed painting this Dixon mini great facial expression. He is the first for my Suisse Courten Battalion.I started with a matt Humbrol yellow, and then applied a burnt sienna oil wipe.Foundry Lemon was used for the coat and Foundry Red (with a Wine Stain shade first)
Courten 1.JPG
Courten 1.JPG (235.51 KiB) Viewed 3838 times
Courten 2.JPG
Courten 2.JPG (224.76 KiB) Viewed 3838 times
Courten 3.JPG
Courten 3.JPG (242.19 KiB) Viewed 3838 times
18th Century Guy
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: Suisse Courten

Post by 18th Century Guy » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:05 pm

Very interesting effects with that. I like it. Do you have to wait for the oil to dry?
Greg
nick the greek
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Suisse Courten

Post by nick the greek » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:52 am

I left the Humbrol yellow for about a week, I coated the artist oil with white spirit on Saturday afternoon, and painted Sunday afternoon.
Acrylics went on without encident, would probably leave for a week before varnishing.