Musket and tomahawk

This forum section is open to posts, questions and comments on conflicts between the end of the Great Northern War and the start of the French Revolution. So, Austrian Succession, SYW AND AWI affecionados .. this is for you!
j1mwallace
Major General
Major General

Musket and tomahawk

Post by j1mwallace » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:47 am

As a break from the masses the guys at the club have invested in rules and a few mixed forces for the above. minimal investment, say £25 gets you a perfectly adequate force to play with and of the 3 or 4 games we've played so far they have been really enjoyable, a good laugh and brought out the tactics of the period pretty well.
if you are looking for something a wee bit different and not too demanding these are thoroughly enjoyable!!
nevermore
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: Musket and tomahawk

Post by nevermore » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:53 am

Couple of the lads at the Grimsby club have these rules but we have not got round to gaming them as yet, thanx for the info gonna kick start it now.
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:30 pm

They seem to be very popular at the SESWC club and Angus has started using them with his small group in Orkney and everyone I've spoken to seem to rate them. I've got loads of Indians for my 1812 British army so no doubt I'll get involved at some point in the future.
Cheers
Dave
BP
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by BP » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:08 pm

Myself, Andy and a few others have also invested in them, although there are a few things in the paint queue ahead of my Brits ;)

Bill
flags_of_war
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by flags_of_war » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:57 pm

We played a game on Sunday and it was really good. Planning on getting a few more in.

http://thecamlachiewolfe.blogspot.co.uk ... -game.html
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:37 pm

I did say in my previous post that it wouldn't take long before I got involved in a game and that's what happened on thursday. Had a great game set during the AWI and you can find a number of reports and lots of photos on these sites.
http://www.edinburghwargames.com/Journal%2077.htm
http://blenheimtoberlin.blogspot.co.uk/ ... hawks.html
http://asienieboje.blogspot.co.uk/2012/ ... -1777.html

A number of the rule mechanisms are very like Clarences skirmish rules so picked them up very quickly and everyone seemed to enjoy a fun game. I particularily liked the card system which allows units do make a number of moves depending which cards come up.
My Indians hadn't been in action for a long time so it was good to sharpen the scalping knives and tomahawks and load up the muskets.
I look forward to them being just as effective against Barry when we game Bacon's Rebellion using Clarence's rules. :D
Cheers
Dave
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:03 pm

obriendavid wrote:.....My Indians hadn't been in action for a long time so it was good to sharpen the scalping knives and tomahawks and load up the muskets. I look forward to them being just as effective against Barry when we game Bacon's Rebellion using Clarence's rules. :D
Cheers
Dave
Looks like a funny game :D
Btw., Barry may worry about loosing his but you won't have to worry about loosing your scalp anymore :wink: :lol:
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:25 pm

Friedrich August I. wrote: Looks like a funny game :D
Btw., Barry may worry about loosing his but you won't have to worry about loosing your scalp anymore :wink: :lol:
Thanks for that Gunter :roll: :roll:
Cheers
Dave
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:40 pm

obriendavid wrote:
Friedrich August I. wrote: Looks like a funny game :D
Thanks for that Gunter :roll: :roll:
Cheers
Dave
Sorry Dave, should'nt sound to personal :oops: :(

I saw so many pictures of games you played but I don't remember having seen you on any of them :shock: But please, proof me wrong if I had presumed you lost your hairs while playing with Barry :wink: :lol:

Günter
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:14 pm

Friedrich August I. wrote: Sorry Dave, should'nt sound to personal :oops: :(
I saw so many pictures of games you played but I don't remember having seen you on any of them :shock: But please, proof me wrong if I had presumed you lost your hairs while playing with Barry :wink: :lol:
Günter

It's OK Gunter, I was taking it as a joke and you're correct, I had a full head of hair before I started gaming with Barry, he's such a cheating scroat that he has you pulling your hair out. :wink:
Cheers
Dave
j1mwallace
Major General
Major General

Post by j1mwallace » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:58 am

Just taken delivery of some Thunderbolt Mountain miniatures French indian wars figures. They are absolutely fantastic. Delivery from USA to me within a week!!.
I am really impressed. Played a dozen or so games now and really enjoyed them.