Borodino weekend

A Forum location for posts by members of the League and any other Visitors or Forum members who wish to post items and questions about our games and activities.
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Borodino weekend

Post by obriendavid » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:22 pm

Gents, could those supplying figures for the game please supply Barry with lists of what they have available, especially the Russians as he is making up the orbats for the weekend. Dale, can you also let him know how many Polish units you are able to supply.
Can Adrain and Kevin please let Barry know how many Prussian Landwehr they have as they will be need to stand in for Russian Opolchenie as those are figures we are definitely short of.

I'm working on the table plan and the basic layout needs 72 tiles but as many will be double depth we will probably need every tile that we posses. I will post another message during the week to let you know what extra terrain pieces we will need but it will just be lots of trees and a couple of Russian looking villages.
Cheers
Dave
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Borodino weekend

Post by obriendavid » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:54 pm

Gents, in total we will need 84 tiles to take care of the ones that are double height, I'm not sure if Barry has the fleches and grand redoubt built into his terrain and might be supplying tiles for them.

Barry has the church at Borodino and can do the destroyed village of Semenovskia and I can do Utitsa so we need a few more buildings to pad out Borodino and more for two other villages.

We will need lots of trees to cover the various woods but not as many as we needed for the Malplaquet game a few years ago, coniferous trees would be preferable.

We will be needing everyones French troops and allies, especially Westphalian, Wurtemburgers, Portuguese, Spanish and Italians, can you please let Barry know which of these troops you can supply.
Cheers
Dave
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:14 pm

Dave,

As I am not a 'gentlemen'...out of couriousity, where are you going play this huge game?

Cheers,
Günter
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:52 pm

Sounds like I need to move half of my house down to Kirriemuir for the Borodino weekend !

On the buildings front I have a number of the Hovels Russian houses and a church as well as a Snapdragon Russian farmhouse.

I have added another unit of Opolechnie so now have 24 Ryazan and 48 Moscow militia. Plenty of pikes to kebab the Frenchies.

I have also added some more Russian cavalry (mostly Guard) to my collection including
* 1 x 12 Guard Cuirassiers
* 1 x 12 Guard Dragoons
* 1 x 12 Guard Hussars
* 1 x 12 Guard Uhlans
* 1 x 12 Polish Uhlans (yes they fought for the Russians!)

Full lists to follow to Barry.

chow

Peter
Peter

"The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky"
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:15 pm

Friedrich August I. wrote:Dave,
As I am not a 'gentlemen'...out of couriousity, where are you going play this huge game?
Cheers,
Günter
Gunter, from all the feedback I have had from Barry, Bob and Ade you are most definitely a gentleman.
The game is being played next weekend in Kirriemuir in Angus, Scotland and I'm sure there will be plenty of pics posted. It's a slightly condensed version of the battlefield but still taking up a 12'x24' area split between four tables so that the guys can reach the middle to move troops.
Cheers
Dave
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:03 pm

obriendavid wrote:
Friedrich August I. wrote:Dave,
Cheers,
Günter
Gunter, from all the feedback I have had from Barry, Bob and Ade you are most definitely a gentleman.
Thanks Dave :oops:

"Kirriemuir in Angus...." that's what I would call a Highland-Game :wink: :D
obriendavid wrote:..... so that the guys can reach the middle to move troops.
Cheers
Dave
That depends on the 'size' of the players :wink:

All the Best,
Günter
Last edited by Friedrich August I. on Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
Greystreak
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Greystreak » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:16 pm

Dave, should I box up and send you Lt.Gen. Kaptsevich's 7th Infantry Division--10x32 figure battalions, 12-pdr bty, 6-pdr bty--from Dokhturov's VI Corps? (I could throw in 2x16 figure Dragoon regiments at a pinch & some leader stands.) Sorry, no opolchenie or militia. :lol:

If anyone is driving up from my neck of the woods (High Wycombe), I'm happy to consider loaning them to you for this event, if needed. :?:

After all, I got to play with your figures at Derby, when you were not present . . .
Bryce
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:59 am

Greystreak wrote:Dave, should I box up and send you Lt.Gen. Kaptsevich's 7th Infantry Division-- After all, I got to play with your figures at Derby, when you were not present . . .
Bryce, that's a very kind offer but I'm sure between us we will have enough Russians even if we have to recycle some of them.
Cheers
Dave
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Blucher » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:06 pm

Bryce

Just echoing Dave's 'thank you' for your kind offer but we usually have enough Ruskies...and unfortunately the furthest 'south' any of us live is Lincolnshire....

Thanks anyway

Adrian
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:12 am

Blucher wrote:Bryce

Just echoing Dave's 'thank you' for your kind offer but we usually have enough Ruskies. Adrian
You can never have enough Russkies, especially 12pdr guns :lol:
Cheers
Dave
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:43 pm

Chaps for those of you who have not managed to get info to me yet, if you could get a jildy on please it would be very helpful. I have almosyt no time at home between now and Borodino and need to get the labels written and printed.

ta

B
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
General Schnapps
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by General Schnapps » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:16 pm

Barry,
Incase you did not get my e-mailI have the following Landwehr:
4 Bns of 36
1 Bn of 24

Dave I have about 60 coniferous trees, various sizes but all smaller than the Last Valley type trees we normally use. I think they are designed for model railways.
Kev
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:39 pm

General Schnapps wrote: Dave I have about 60 coniferous trees, various sizes but all smaller than the Last Valley type trees we normally use. I think they are designed for model railways.
Kev
Thanks Kev, I think we will go with the Last Valley sized trees, even if they are not all coniferous. I had hoped to get more off him at the Kirrie show yesterday but he was sold out of them as I believe Steve Rimmer snapped them up but at least they will be making an appearance at the game.
Cheers
Dave
Dale
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Dale » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:28 pm

I hope to have 11 btns x 36 Polish/Duchy of Warsaw together with some cavalry and artillery if the basing can be completed.

French - lots of btns of 36 - some a bit dated now for our games but happy to supply 24 or more plus the Imperial Guard - let me know if you need them all. They are btns of 32.

What about cavalry and artillery?

Fanghorn is packed and ready to go with some Hovels Russian and other buidings.

Should we meet at the hall abit earlier, say 7.00pm?

As you know Shelagh, had a back operation a few weeks ago. She is recovering nicely but I won't be doing the Friday night booze up. Sorry guys.

I'm still expecting Angus, Dave and the recently enobled Colin to stay for the weekend.
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:03 pm

Dale wrote: As you know Shelagh, had a back operation a few weeks ago. She is recovering nicely but I won't be doing the Friday night booze up.
Dale, I'm so sorry to hear the news about Shelagh I hadn't heard about her back problem and with someone that's been suffering with severe back pain for the last 5 months I can sympathise with her.
Cheers
Dave