'Adrians Walls' - Now available built and painted...!!!

A section devoted to questions and answers for this period.
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

'Adrians Walls' - Now available built and painted...!!!

Post by Blucher » Tue May 21, 2013 6:42 pm

Following on from the launch of Adrians Walls - 'Derry' circa 1689...

...these 2' x 2' town walls kits are now available in 2 finished formats (see the photos that Barry took at Carronade):

Option 1) Built, painted (grey stone)' and 'landscaped' based - for £300
Option 2) Built and based (unpainted - non- landscaped) - for £250

We can also 'be-spoke paint' to a customers requirement - price on application.

Extension wall sections - both plain walls and breached wall sections to extend the overall length of your town wall will be available, seperately, to buy from September 2013.

Adrians Walls Town Walls will soon be available to buy through the LoA 'shop' and from the Warfare Miniatures trade stand at certain shows - Partizan, Claymore, Partizan 2 and Targe during the 2013 'show season'.

All feedback and comments welcome.

Adrian
Attachments
pic2.jpg
pic2.jpg (90.39 KiB) Viewed 11380 times
pic1.jpg
pic1.jpg (94.03 KiB) Viewed 11380 times
Scruff
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Re: 'Adrians Walls' - Now available built and painted...!!!

Post by Scruff » Wed May 22, 2013 1:02 am

Seems obvious to me, but just to clarify, the price is for around 8 feet of wall?

4 sides of 2 ft ea

cheers
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Blucher » Wed May 22, 2013 7:51 am

Dear 'Scruff'

The 'Kits' comes as 2ft x 2ft corner sections - with 2ft on each of the facing walls - basically 'L' in shape....this gives 4ft of walling in each kit - for £300 built, based, landscaped and painted to the standard shown in the photos

The idea being that from the basic kit, it could then be extended with other 'wall pieces' in whatever direction a person wanted. The basis 'corner kits' caters for anyone that wanted just a 2'x2' feature on a corner of a gaming table...all the way up to....well, sky's the limit.

The extension pieces will be sold as a seperate range and will feature individual 1ft plain wall sections and 1ft breached wall sections, that can be purchased in any quantity as required. As these walls are all individually based, they can be easily 'replaced' during a game with a breached wall section to represent a destroyed section - allowing your storming party access!!!

As walls are based on Londonderry 1689 - they are not symetrical. The differing widths of the walkways on the battlements, offset wall angles, bastions with different apertures etc of the Kits is based on historic Derry - but with allowances for gaming practicality. Our concept is to have units and artillery manning the battlements, rather than having to line up single figures, precariously balanced, at all sorts of angles to represent the garrisons. These are proper walls, historically researched - but with gaming practicalities.

'Kit 1' features our interpretation of:

Bishops Gatehouse
The Double Bastion Wall Section
The Grand Parade
The Royal Bastion

Although based on these historic structures, they do not need to be used to represent them....they would be easily taken as any Town Walls from the English Civil War onwards.

I believe Barry is planning to add some photos from our Carronade Demo game when he has a moment into the gallery and I will add further photos to this thread over the next 24hrs for further visual clarification.

Adrian
Scruff
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by Scruff » Wed May 22, 2013 8:41 am

Ahhh Thank you for clearing that up abit Blucher

cheers
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Wed May 22, 2013 1:09 pm

Blucher wrote: I believe Barry is planning to add some photos from our Carronade Demo game when he has a moment into the gallery and I will add further photos to this thread over the next 24hrs for further visual clarification. Adrian
You can see some more of Barry's pics from the Carronade display on my blog http://davestoybox.blogspot.co.uk/2013/ ... splay.html but I'm sure Barry might add more when he gets back from his travels or you can see the walls at the Partizan show on the 2nd June.
Cheers
Dave
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Blucher » Wed May 22, 2013 5:35 pm

As promised...new photo showing the reverse 2ft of the corner angle of the Wall kit.

Approx 2ft of wall and gatehouse to the front, with reverse wall with bastion (approx 2ft).

Individual extension wall sections can then be added as desired to either end, to extend as required.

Adrian
Attachments
pic3.jpg
pic3.jpg (101.5 KiB) Viewed 11299 times
SteveRCR
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by SteveRCR » Thu May 23, 2013 11:29 am

I have never known much about the war in Ireland except for the Battlefield Britian episode from the BBC on the Boyne and what I read on the LOA site and such. But with the new figs the walls, I recently picked up "The Williame Wars in Ireland" by John Childs and I think I'm sold on this now.

I can see the these walls sitting on my game table in the future. Just got to figure a way to make it afordable to ship overseas :cry:
Last edited by SteveRCR on Thu May 23, 2013 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
conflans
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by conflans » Thu May 23, 2013 12:37 pm

Hello Steve;

I may be jumping the gun here, but I belkieve that Adrian is working on it.

Conflans
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Blucher » Fri May 24, 2013 8:51 am

Guys

...yes, I'm currently looking into shipping across the pond (as well as other destinations overseas)...at a reasonably affordable way. As can be seen, these are not small items.

it would be good to know what sort of 'cost threshold' you guys are used to/'happy to' pay, based on other things you buy from the UK?

A selection of replies from all destinations across the globe would be helpful.

Thanks

Adrian
MNFS
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by MNFS » Fri May 24, 2013 2:27 pm

The fortress looks amazing, but I use 15mm :-(

I suppose I could raise the floor by the battlements and then the walls could be those of the great fortresses of the low countries or Ingolstadt!

Is that the Van Graben regiment marching out of the gate?

Do you have any other pictures of them they look really fantastic!

Best,

Mark
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Blucher » Sat May 25, 2013 5:24 pm

Guys

Just a couple of replies for a couple of comments posted:

For 'SteveRCR': Thanks for comments...the Childs book is very good and if you liked it I can HIGHLY recommend 'The Siege of Derry 1689' by Richard Doherty...you'll love it. It details not just facinating and quirky details about the siege but also about the sorties from the town, the ship action in Lough Foyle, the building of 'the boom' to stop the relief ships getting to Derry...and much more - real fascinating read.

For 'MNFS': The walls would be hard pressed (even with the walkways highered) to look right with 15mm. I never like to potentially put off anyone who may be considering investing in a wall kit - but I have to be honest - really don't think they would look right. Sorry

Thanks for the comments guys

Adrian
SteveRCR
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by SteveRCR » Sun May 26, 2013 4:42 pm

Its good to hear about the possible shipping overseas, though I'm leary about what the cost. One time I was quoted 100 pounds for an 8x6 mat in a tube, that killed that deal. I would be interested to know what the price would be as this is a one of a kind purchase.