Generic WSS "Armies"

Forum for discussion about Wargaming, Painting, Books, Terrain, Research and general banter!
Gunfreak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Generic WSS "Armies"

Post by Gunfreak » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:58 pm

So I'm thinking simple stuff each side has 3 brigades of 3 battalions and each side has to flank cavalry brigades.

To make painting as fun as possible I want as many diffrent countires involved,

So for the Allied side I was thinking 1 British brigade, 1 austrian brigade, and some continental brigade(any help here would be cool both for countries and figures that fit)

Then a british cav brigade and an austrian one(did the austrians still use cuirasiers?)

The french I was thinknig a regular french brigade, a bravarien(figures were to get them?

But what should the last be? should I go for the swiss? but those are elite and would offset the balance against the enemy?
simon boulton
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army

Re: Generic WSS "Armies"

Post by simon boulton » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:53 pm

Instead of the Austrians, I would go for the Dutch. They were the most numerous contingent in the armies in Flanders as well as a part of the armies in Germany and Spain. As for the other continental contingent, how about the Prussians or Danes?

Another option to go with the French would be the Spanish. The Swiss troops in French service are often rated well but I'm not sure their performance in the WSS was that great and would be tempted to leave them as drilled,
Best wishes,
Simon
Churchill
General
General

Post by Churchill » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:48 am

Ray.
Last edited by Churchill on Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gunfreak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Gunfreak » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:35 pm

28mm, with as much FrontRank figures as possible, they have french, swiss, dutch, danish and english.
Churchill
General
General

Post by Churchill » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:46 pm

Ray.
Last edited by Churchill on Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gunfreak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Gunfreak » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:18 pm

Thanks, I did think about the Hesse Kessel infantry to, the was a brigade of them at Blenheim, and it would let me paint blue uniforms, So like British(red) Kessel (blue) and Danes (white)

Then Brish/kessel cav brigade and a austrian cav brigade.

But who makes Spanish figures? and was the Hesse kessel dressed as british with just blue uniforms or would I need spesific figures for them?
Churchill
General
General

Post by Churchill » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:45 pm

Ray.
Last edited by Churchill on Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gunfreak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Gunfreak » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:41 pm

Thanks, but I have problems finding Spanish uniforms guides on line, even google only show random uniforms from all countires. I guess spanish and spanish war of succession confuses google.
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:34 am

Gunfreak wrote:Thanks, but I have problems finding Spanish uniforms guides on line, even google only show random uniforms from all countires. I guess spanish and spanish war of succession confuses google.
Try surge through this site
http://tercio1617.fr.nf/
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.