ADRIANS WALLS - website launch

Forum for discussion about Wargaming, Painting, Books, Terrain, Research and general banter!
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: ADRIANS WALLS - website launch

Post by Blucher » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:21 am

Ben

Thanks for your question but can you clarify what 'period' you would like to see us producing for...?

We plan to cover most periods or have 'over-lapping' pieces that would cover/could be used over a variety of periods. For example, the painted Wattle Fence Pack currently in the Dark Age range would span a good number of centuries - we might even be using it in some of the 1690's games with Barry/Weekenders.

However, the next few items out for DA range (before Xmas) are the Viking Longship (really nice detail), the Dark Age Chieftains Hall and a 850AD (onwards) Saxon Church.

There will be some Urban Warfare/Future Wars/'Zombie' items coming on-line also over the next 10 weeks.

But please let me know what things you guys would like to see...it's you gamers we are making it for...

Cheers

Adrian
Ben Waterhouse
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Ben Waterhouse » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:32 am

Thanks for the reply Adrian,

Over time I'm going to be looking for Ireland, Low Countries, North Italy and North Spain types in the period 1660ish to 1720ish.

Also Vauban type fortifications.

Ta
Ben
Arma Pacis Fulcra

God, War, Drink.
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Blucher » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:38 am

Ben

You are in luck - we have plans to launch some very nice '1600 onwards' items early next year...with various 'tweaks' to them to cover numerous theatres.

I'll keep you posted.

Adrian
Ben Waterhouse
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Ben Waterhouse » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:49 am

:D
Arma Pacis Fulcra

God, War, Drink.
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Blucher » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:48 am

Gents

We've just updated the website and the 'Showcase' section of the site is now active. If you click onto this section you will see video closeups of the Dark Age range with accompanying music...!

The Viking Longship has just come out of the moulds this week and should be on the site by the end of the month. It is serious bit of kit - coming complete with mast, sail spar and furled sail (none of that sorting your own dowelling out!) - and all exquisitely painted...

The Saxon Church is due for release by the end of November and this is looking really nice and being able to cover from earlier Dark Ages onwards. It has a minimal amount of stonework on it with plenty of researched (acurate - hopefully!) aspects.

By the end of November we will have the start of our 'Fantasy' items/products on the site. Without causing any sort of outcry from the more historical gamers, there may be a few items, such as our 'Ruined Battlements' set from this range that could be used for some historical skimishes or battles... you decide...

Please take a look, feedback/comments and ideas always welcome.

Adrian
jambo1
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army

Post by jambo1 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:21 pm

Terrain tiles spund really good, would certainly be interested in some of those when they are out.
PaulPatrick
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by PaulPatrick » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:12 pm

After seeing some of Adrian's work at the Derby Weekender, I've already placed the first of many orders. A great concept.
yar68
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by yar68 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:38 pm

Adrian

How about some 15mm buildings for the BLB period?? I'd love to see some of them!!
Ray

Yay...I say yay..............Yay!

http://onelover-ray.blogspot.com/
EvilGinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by EvilGinger » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:42 pm

Posting the URL for the site would also help as then I get to plan what I might buy given half the chance.

:evil: Ginger
yar68
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by yar68 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:48 pm

Ray

Yay...I say yay..............Yay!

http://onelover-ray.blogspot.com/
EvilGinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by EvilGinger » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:02 am

thank you as I get some very odd results when doing web searches nowadays

:evil: Ginger
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Blucher » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:08 pm

Gents....

Thanks again Paul for your kind comments about the terrain tiles...we are really excited about their release in December...!

Ray, thanks for supplying the URL again, I'll always now post it on all of my replies/updates. With regards to 15mm - unfortunately we have no immediate plans for 15mm BLB range...but the BLB 28mm range will start appearing early 2014...

However....new items/ranges available very soon through to December..

...we will have some 15mm WW2/FOW compatible 3 story Town House & Shop buildings out (possibly by December) which will feature both 'intact' and 'bombed out versions' that would grace any town highstreet from Caen to Aachen. They will have some nice detail on them and will come, as always, exquisitely painted and ready to play. Further details over the coming weeks.

...Wild West/ACW 28mm Wagon Canvas backs. We will have on sale shortly, a pack of 3 different styled, painted 'Hooped Canvas Wagon backs' that fit onto a '4ground' General Purpose Horse Wagon (code 28-CAW-302). If you do not fix the mdf 'hoops' to this kit - which are brittle and easily broken once attached by the way, (these hoops are an optional suggestion in the 4ground construction instructions) you can then place on any of our 3 different painted resin 'backs' straight onto the nice and sturdy wagon itself. We have a 'plain back', a plain back with 'rolled up sides' and a 'chuck wagon' version, complete with rear detailed section for your prairie chef! Let them wagons roll.....

...28mm Viking Ship...just finished painting & photographing (this afternoon) the latest release (1st November) into our Dark Age range...and I must say...this is my favorite item in the range so far! I will put a photo on this thread tommorrow evening (hopefully) for peoples comments...but I think it is real bit of kit, paints up beautifully and highly detailed...more details to follow...

Cheers

Adrian

http://www.adrianswalls.com
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Blucher » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:20 pm

By the end of this evening, our Viking Longship will be available for viewing on our website.

I have tried to put a 'taster photo' on this thread - but keep getting a message saying....'Board has reached its quota....'. Presume that we can not attached any more photos on this section of the site Barry?

The sails will be in a variety of colourways but I have not decided whether to 'offer' various colour combo's or let the customers experience a 'surprise' when their ship arrives...Would welcome comments from you guys as to what your thoughts might be.

So if you want to see our latest 28mm Dark Age offering please have a look on:

http://www.adrianswalls.com

Cheers

Adrian
General Schnapps
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by General Schnapps » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:17 pm

Adrian,
The Longship looks superb and having a choice of figurehead is a smart idea.
Kev
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Blucher » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:45 am

Kev

Thanks for your comments - appreciated.

We felt tht this would allow people (if they had more than 1 boat) to have different heads on different boats - or have them for the same faction/village/clan etc.

Cheers

Adrian