Cheap and simple barricades

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
nevermore
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Cheap and simple barricades

Post by nevermore » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:55 am

I first thought about a number of ways to build a barricade, it could be made out of blocks
of wood or foam for crates and boxes, but decided to use Lego bricks, these come in all shapes
and size and have the advantage of being straight on all sides, i also thought about what else could be fixed to a barricade if i was to build it would have to be seen as a number of items that would form a barricade, all the bits and pieces are very cheap and very effective, i suggest if you are making one then make a number of barricades in one go, by the time the pva glues dries you can move onto another piece of item, if you are to build a modern barricade go to charity shops to pick up old cars just for the doors or tyers.
I have made mine to fit a number of periods and once on the tabletop they look a very nice piece of scenery.

I have uploaded the instruction A4 sheets up on the website for anybody who wish to download them onto the pc to follow them, makes life simple for wargamers

http://grimsbywargamessociety.webs.com/

how to take a screenshot on a pc

image url upload

free uploader

take a screenshot

photo hosting

green shot

free image hosting

imagen

photo sharing websites

image upload

imgurl

green shot

imgur

image hosting 10mb limit

picture uploading

how do i print screen

free image hosting

upload a picture

screen shot windows 7

print screen windows

screenshot pc

The barricades are undercoated with a black spray this give the cardboard a protective coat and paint then can be applied, the paints i used are from sample pots from any DIY shop again cheap and in many colours, small details like the amunition and tissue were given acrlic paints, once dry i used pva on the base and dipped in a box of bird sand, not very expensive and you get alot great value for money, once dry i used chocolate paint pot for the coat and dry brushed with another sample pot called chocolate dream,.
I would like to point out to wargamers out there that this is very simple to create and once all the materials are got is not very expensive, this is my way of creating screnery cheap and easy.
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Cheap and simple barricades

Post by Friedrich August I. » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:49 pm

Great Idea, as always!
So where did I place my Box with my old Lego stones... :wink: :D
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
Redmist1122
Major General
Major General

Post by Redmist1122 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:55 pm

Simply incredible! Thank you for sharing.
Greg P.
Tucson, AZ, USA
Rob Herrick
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Rob Herrick » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:36 am

Nice.

What colors are you using for the wood?
With Gen'l Custer Down in Mexico: Yes, one of the goals is to see how many times one can get him killed.
nevermore
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by nevermore » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:48 pm

Rob Herrick wrote:Nice.

What colors are you using for the wood?

chocolate paint pot sample then yellow dawn pot mixed up with chocolate colour, then use model mates mud brown to weather