PIRATE GAME

A Forum location for posts by members of the League and any other Visitors or Forum members who wish to post items and questions about our games and activities.
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:43 pm

Paul, sorry to hear you won't make it but I really appreciate you letting us know

all the best
Peter
Peter

"The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky"
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Blucher » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:27 pm

Sainsbury's have a '2 for 1' offer on 'bags of limes'. Any of you 'Scurvy Scoundrels' want me to get you any!!

See you all next week.

Blucherbeard
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:18 pm

Fellow Captains

I can confirm that I will be onboard some form of ship next weekend.

Its seems that my reply to Peter's e-mail reguarding attendance and preference of either priate or navy must have been lost at sea.

Peter, can I be navy?

I am staying Friday and Saturday nights at the Belvedere Hotel.

Is anything organised for Friday night?

Regards,

Mike
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:48 am

Mike, you are in the Navy. Do I hear a Village People song ?

Soory the email got lost at sea. lloking forwrad to seeing you

Friday night, I will set up a small skirmish game at the house for those who want and who are staying in town.

chow

Peter
Peter

sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:46 pm

Game plans for the weekend

Friday night - at my house for those who are staying in Stonehaven. Probably a small skirmish game and you can sample my grape or grain , whatever takes your fancy. Say from 7.30pm. More social than gaming !

Saturday - hopefully the Heugh will let us in from 8am to set up. There is not too much to be done unlike our big Napoleonic bashes. If all goes well I plan on starting player briefings about 9.30am with us ready to start the first game turn by 10.00am.

My brother Andrew and I will be umpiring so sorry to disappoint all of you whose weekend entertainment is watching the two of us argue. We are of course united on the rules !

Remember and bring your ships, figures , cameras, islands,etc as discussed with me. Kevin (Manager at the Heugh) kindly does not charge us for the room hire so the main costs will be what you eat and drink.

see you all at the weekend.

Peter
Peter

charge0.wanadoo.co.uk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by charge0.wanadoo.co.uk » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:08 am

Dear Peter and Andrew, Thank you both for all your hard work and planning in laying on a quite excellent weekend and running it. The measure of your success was that everyone was fully engaged throughout and there were a host of vignettes that were going on simultaneously (some of which we will probaly only hear about in the months to come). It was great to be a part of such a fun weekend. My thanks also too everyone else - what great company.
Yours aye, Governor Grant, Fort Murrayfield