Carronade 2014

Information related to WARFARE MINIATURES releases, future releases, range development, painting, figure usage, conversions
Gerryjd
Captain
Captain

Carronade 2014

Post by Gerryjd » Sun May 11, 2014 8:42 am

Had a good day at Falkirk yesterday. Good to see a number of old faces,meet a few new ones, and put a face to some of the forum members.

We were putting on a BLBII game based on the Gardes Francaises and Gardes Suisses attack at Neerwinden, which saw the first appearance of my Gardes Suisses and Toggy's Gardes Francaises on the table.
The other major first which we realised and had a chat about was that this was the first time the LOA game had solely Warfare Miniatures on the table.
Unfortunately I forgot to take any pictures of the table but I know that Toggy and Barry both did so hopefully they'll post them up on the forum soon.
The table looked really good and Barry's centrepiece showing a breach in the Allied line was really cool!
As an aside I think he mentioned that he'd done a step by step photo shoot of how he'd made the terrain pieces and would be doing a piece on the blog about it, incorporating a lot of the siege, new wagons, and defence works packs and a bit of scratch building too. That'll be worth a look at I think.
We played 3 or 4 turns but got distracted, in a nice way, chatting to all and sundry that came over to have a look at the table, and getting a quick wander round the show. It certainly seemed busier than previous years.
So just a final thanks to all who came over and chatted and made some nice comments about the table
Cheers
Gerry
You may call it sarcasm........I, on the other hand, prefer to refer to it as a humorous observation!!! :-)
toggy
Major General
Major General

Re: Carronade 2014

Post by toggy » Sun May 11, 2014 10:45 am

As Gerry said a good day at Carronade, lots of interest in the game, we went all continental with some new French units & lots of reflagging, definitely a plus point with this era is that your Jacobite unit can very quickly become French simply by changing Clarence's wonderful flags.

Some shots of the game:

Hope this gives a good impression of the game & Barry's outstanding defence works, hopefully he got some better shots of it.

Bob
We are not retreating - we are advancing in another direction. Macarthur, Douglas
Artimas
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Artimas » Sun May 11, 2014 6:11 pm

Looks wonderful!

Artimas
Jefferson City, Missouri USA
Prince Henry
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army

Post by Prince Henry » Mon May 12, 2014 3:02 am

Really nice terrain!
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

Theodore Roosevelt
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Mon May 12, 2014 11:28 am

Thanks for posting the pics Bob and letting me see what I missed due to work but at least I'll see it all in the tent at Partizan. Barry's defences look good although I don't know what he's going to say when Gwen notices all the table place mats are missing :lol:
Cheers
Dave
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon May 12, 2014 8:44 pm

C'mon Dave, you know we eat off the table in my house!
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Gerryjd
Captain
Captain

Post by Gerryjd » Mon May 12, 2014 9:30 pm

Dave, it's not what Gwen will say when she finds out, it's what she'll DO to Barry when she finds out......I can only guess given that he's off to the Middle East for two weeks!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: Lol

Cheers

Gerry
You may call it sarcasm........I, on the other hand, prefer to refer to it as a humorous observation!!! :-)