Hello

Forum for discussion about Wargaming, Painting, Books, Terrain, Research and general banter!
Leondegrande
Private
Private

Hello

Post by Leondegrande » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:23 am

Hello.

Short introduction of myself.

Starting to read the R2E rules a week ago, very happy with them and now starting the "Project planning period" :)

Coming from the Munich area and start wargaming 30 years ago with Warhammer, played Warhammer Ancient Battles about 6 years and then War & Conquest, Battletech and Mortheim as latest tries to keep the hobby stones rolling.

With the closing of Warhammer Historical and the following scatter of players it became more and more difficult to bring people together playing 28mm historical with a system everybody agrees on.

In the "fall of WAB" time and during shift to WAC I always created something like supplements and army list collections. Not being a historian but an enthusiastic amateur I always liked a lot to read OOBs and thought about making the evolution of warfare playable on tabletop.

Within the R2E rules I found a lot of solutions to situations for the period which are very good and well constructed and the rules in general so detailed and well written that I now will start to play the period once more hopefully bring some players together again to have some enjoyable events.

Having a painted french division (Front Rank) and 2/3 of a prussian (Calpe) both for games 1813-14.

Regards
Olaf
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Hello

Post by obriendavid » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:11 pm

Welcome to the forum, you can find lots of friendly and helpful people on here.
Cheers
Dave
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello

Post by barr7430 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:18 pm

Welcome! and.....

The Fall of WAB sounds like a brilliant wargaming period!... who will bring out THAT game? 8)
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford