BENEATH THE LILY BANNERS ADDENDA AVAILABLE NOW!

Any questions relating to Beneath the Lily Banners rule system.

Is this helpful to BLB users?

Very helpful
90%
Quite helpful
10%
Not helpful
No votes

Total votes: 20
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

BENEATH THE LILY BANNERS ADDENDA AVAILABLE NOW!

Post by barr7430 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:05 pm

Folks,

I finally got my act together and compiled a detailed Addenda upgrade/companion to Beneath the Lily Banners.

It contains clarifications ,rules examples, Q&A from Forum members and generally some must sought after clarification on key rules points.

You can get it as a FREE downloadble PDF by going to

WARCHEST/17th-18th Century Archive where it is listed as BLB Addenda at the foot of the page one uploads.

Can anyone who downloads it please post in as many forums as you usually visit during your 'daily clix' the news of it's availablity.

MANY THANKS

Barry

Comments and further questions of course welcome :D
Last edited by barr7430 on Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Adam Hayes
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Adam Hayes » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:58 pm

Is there any chance that the quick reference sheet could be available as a pdf as well? (I didn't get one with my copy from Salute :cry: )
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:38 pm

Adam,

did you buy from Chiltern? If so, Julian is trying to track down ther 19 or so people whom he forgot to give the reference sheet to! He has told me that anyone who didn't get it need only contact him and he will send it out postage paid

Try that first!

Henry Ford
Adam Hayes
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Adam Hayes » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:23 pm

Thanks! (Couldn't for the life of me remember who it was I bought it from!) :roll:
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:01 am

Barry, thanks for posting this it is very useful and I wish more rule writers would do something similar. Normally they would just put all this info into another reprint of the rules and call it version 2 and expect us all to spend more money. Hopefully all my questions will be answered here, we'll find out after tomorrow night's game at the club.

Cheers
Dave
Herkybird
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: BENEATH THE LILY BANNERS ADDENDA AVAILABLE NOW!

Post by Herkybird » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:48 pm

I seriously wish someone would do this for BTLB2, as there are several rules which are far from clear IMHO.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:15 pm

If you are specific about what is not clear we'll help you

Henry Ford
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:15 pm

If you are specific about what is not clear we'll help you

Henry Ford
Herkybird
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Herkybird » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:42 am

Sorry I am late answering!

Having come late to BTLB2, we initially had some difficulties finding some rules, as they seemed to be in different places within the rules. as we got more familiar with the system, we ironed these out! :?

We rapidly found this is a game we wanted to play and are essentially very happy with the rules overall!

There were several rules, however, we could not work out easily though, even using the 'What would be reasonable in reality' approach.

Obviously, the Support rule (I mentioned this elsewhere) which I believe has a error in the rule leading to 2 units of the same brigade being isolated instead of neither supported or isolated, as would be the case with a unit of another brigade being in support!
(In the same post I queried about troops going off table etc)

We could not find what triggered a 'Charge home' test (I did find this in the BTLB1 adenda sheet in the warchest...eventually!)

I had to query on this forum about 'All or Nothing' charges, as it was not clear if simply testing to charge negated any further attempt, or if you actually had to successfully execute the charge, which, I was informed, is the correct interpretation.

We had problems trying to work out which morale chart to check on when units had to test at the same time for two reasons, for example when Horse is hit by fire and loses 2 models (1/3), both causes to test according to 'Compulsory morale checks' on the quick play sheet. We worked it out eventually when we realised the Artillery test applies only to Infantry on the result chart!

These are the ones I remember. I asked my fellow players at the club if they could remember any more we had difficulty with, but they were unable to remember either! We only remember having 'discussions' about rules until someone found the relevant section!

I hope you don't mind me asking about this, I guess you are focussed on Donnybrook at the moment!

(Incidentally, as an amateur rule writer myself, I sometimes have to update my own rules as people point out errors, typos and things I thought were clear, but weren't!, and I dont especially like having to alter my 'babies' !)

PS: I am definitely not wanting BTLB3!- though I think an adenda sheet might be useful, if you agree.
Truthfully, I do worry if other people try BTLB2, they too may find the minor difficuties we have, but discard the rules instead of trying to work them out.
This is too good a set of rules to be so ignored! :D