Brutal Block Building 28mm style

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
nevermore
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by nevermore » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:56 pm

I love gaming the Chechen war, so i decided to make quick brutal block buildings, this is all scratch built, took about 5 days to create and is 28mm scale, i picked up a few tips as i created it and have almost finished the tower block building in record time 4 days.

All together it cost around £2 to create, its solid and everything you see is foam, i put dry grass for effect to make it look like its been a ruin for a while, its a big piece and plenty of places to hide.

Will get another one up tomorrow.

I put a 1-48th scale russian tank to give you some idea of the scale

picture upload

I also wanted flags around the building

screen shots

picture uploader

windows screenshot

upload image online

Made a number of mistakes, but i learned alot from it and i rather did enjoy putting the colours together, i also came across a idea to do it even quicker with paints ,which i did on my next post coming up, will explain tomorrow on that one.

Time to start on the third which is going to be even better and more thought going into it, learning all the time on this, believe when i say, its not hard to do.Its 50% covering up mistakes.

http://www.victorian-steel.com/
j1mwallace
Major General
Major General

Re: Brutal Block Building 28mm style

Post by j1mwallace » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:12 am

Very good as usual. I like the effects .
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:26 am

These look really effective Malc, well done!
Cheers
Dave
nevermore
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by nevermore » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:47 pm

Thanks Jim and Dave, i am onto my third block building now, will get pictures up of the 2nd one as soon as i have been training, any of you guys at the Derby show
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:17 pm

nevermore wrote:Thanks Jim and Dave, i am onto my third block building now, will get pictures up of the 2nd one as soon as i have been training, any of you guys at the Derby show
I can't/ won't be allowed to attend as we are waiting for our first Grandchild to make his appearance.
Cheers
Dave
Prince Henry
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army

Post by Prince Henry » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:35 am

Nicely done!
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

Theodore Roosevelt
nevermore
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by nevermore » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:13 am

obriendavid wrote:
nevermore wrote:Thanks Jim and Dave, i am onto my third block building now, will get pictures up of the 2nd one as soon as i have been training, any of you guys at the Derby show
I can't/ won't be allowed to attend as we are waiting for our first Grandchild to make his appearance.
Cheers
Dave

Congrats on that Dave