Siberian wooden fort completed Scratch 28mm

OK, so after two years I've finally given in to having a section of the FORUM specifically set up to discuss painting techniques, display examples, show your latest projects and chat about this vital part of the hobby. Manufacturers please feel free to post up your sculpts, ask questions about what the gamers are after and generally promote your work.. no charge! Painters, please also feel free to post up your work for comment and critique. I can't promise the unreserved adulation characteristic of some other fora but I would hope you'd get constructive and measured comment!
nevermore
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by nevermore » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:31 am

I think its completed now, i still got to add iccicles hanging on the walls ect..no need to take photos of that, i got the dolls hinges up at last so now the doors open and close.

I still need to add more thicker snow in parts but i think i am happy with this as the snow really does give it that feel of a cold place and brings out those iccicles.

The front gate with the doors shut

photos upload

Now open at last

how to take screenshots

damaged wall add for effect, the snow that came in my post really does go along way, and it won't yellow over time.

imgurl

front side of the Siberian wall, good place to go to keep warm and cover

free uploader

About 3 foot long on this side once put together, other side is almost completed, looks pretty cool when its all put together.

image sharing sites

Inside of the damaged wall, again i think the snow just gives it that little bit more to it.

image share

Again inside of another wall, i think it would look abit dull mostly painted brown colours, i do think putting the snow in right places brings the colours out

adult image upload

Overall still have work to do, but no point in taking anymore photos of it, just small touch of frost and ice needs to be put around, i really did like creating this 28mm monster and got alot out of it, once the table boards are done its time to have a war, going to begin next on the seige equipment.

Hope you like it Malc

Victorian Outpost Grimsby
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Siberian wooden fort completed Scratch 28mm

Post by obriendavid » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:23 pm

Looks superb Malc!

Cheers
Dave
Ben Waterhouse
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Ben Waterhouse » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:51 am

Lovely work.
Arma Pacis Fulcra

God, War, Drink.
nevermore
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by nevermore » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:13 am

thanks guys :D
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:20 am

Such a beautyful work you are doing with this Fort!
Well done, Sir!

It came to my mind that this Fort will need quite a lot of space on the gaming table! :shock:
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
nevermore
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by nevermore » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:19 pm

Well a number of us have lefted the Grimsby club for reasons, and formed our own group, new building, new scenary, new table, it should be around 12ft long by 6ft wide, this fort is going to fit the 6ft across.

Really looking forward to the new place and it will be new boards being made in the first week, proberly be starting new week once the electric man has done his magic.

It will be a place of just enjoying wargaming with plenty of banter and not taking anything to serious and enjoying the company
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:34 pm

Well, that will give you a gaming table like mine which is currently 12ft x 6ft but could be extended to a max of 16ft x 6ft.

Good luck with your gaming area!

Cheers,
Günter
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
janner
Colonel
Colonel

Post by janner » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:24 am

I've really enjoyed watching this come together, Malc, and I am really impressed by the results - cracking work :D
nevermore
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by nevermore » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:43 am

Thanks again guys, the comments are great, the 12ft by 6ft we are doing the same, extending it if need be,really nice table you have Friedrich