Plastic WSS

A section devoted to questions and answers for this period.
lee sherman
Captain
Captain

Plastic WSS

Post by lee sherman » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:49 am

Hi does anyone have the plastic WSS figures? Just wondering on people's thoughts as if there good/ok/bad or stay away from them

I was just thinking of getting some or not bother :-/

Just looking seems you can do flappy hats or tricornes, pikes even but I don't see any bayonet scabbards though? Unless I didn't see right

Thanks

Lee
Charlie Dozen
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Plastic WSS

Post by Charlie Dozen » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:48 pm

I've purchased one box each of Wargames Factory WSS hard plastic figures (infantry, cavalry and artillery) plus a lot of their "bits". This allows me to make some pretty cool conversions for my Scania War project. I'll try to get some pictures posted later this week.
lee sherman
Captain
Captain

Post by lee sherman » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Looking at the site Warlord games owns them now and looks as if their unavailable? or discontinued?
RogerC
Colonel
Colonel

Post by RogerC » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:07 pm

Hi, I have used these for Great Northern War Saxons and they are actually quite nice.

I find that I need to add metal command figures as the command isn't as good. Lots of pictures of them mixed with metals (Ebor mainly as they are in tricorne) on my blog example below. One Warfare casualty figure, one Ebor and Ebor command, rest including grenadiers are WGF.
chema1986
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by chema1986 » Sun May 07, 2017 11:48 am

My experience with them is mixed... I have painted a foot regiment and 2 guns with their crew... the Guns and crew are ok, better sculpts than the previous boxes, the the detail is soft (being generous). The cavalry is horrible, both the horses and riders, and the infantry I give them 5/10 are ok for rank and file, but the lack of detail and folds makes them difficult to paint.

Cheers

(By the way, I sell some painted in this forum)
turrabear
Major General
Major General

Post by turrabear » Tue May 16, 2017 9:20 am

Recently bought some allied w.s.s infantry and cavalry from warlord.the infantry is okay nothing spectacular but havn,t painted them up yet so they may look better after being painted. The cavalry to be honest give them a miss.